Health & Welfare Strategy Leader (Remote)
Company: Albertsons Companies
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: June 24, 2022
What you will be doingThe Senior Manager, Benefits -- Health &
Welfare Strategy plays a vital role in ensuring we deliver a
best-in-class package to our 300,000 team members. In concert with
the VP, Benefits, this exciting role manages the health and welfare
vendors and plans, develops innovative programs targeted to
mitigate chronic conditions, and creates strategies to proactively
address health trends. This is a key strategy role on the benefits
We are looking for a candidate with strong, corporate Benefit
This role will be based near one of our divisional offices:
Seattle, WA, Portland, OR, Pleasanton, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Boise,
ID, Phoenix, AZ, Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia,
PA or Boston, MA.Core responsibilities:
- Acts as subject matter expert for a set of vendors/plans; able
to understand and clearly articulate claims trends, develop
strategies for cost mitigation, analyze current patterns of program
usage to evaluate effectiveness, ensure adherence to
- Supports the benefits function in the strategic design,
evaluation, implementation and on-going management of health and
welfare programs initiatives, including analyzing current patterns
of program usage to evaluate their effectiveness from a cost,
process efficiency, and utility to the associate perspective.
- Manage and ensure adherence to vendor contracts, develop
performance guarantees (PGs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs),
and manage RFPs, RFIs, market checks and audits.
- Act in a consulting-type relationship with internal/external
partners to share knowledge, drive strategy decisions, and make
- Specific expertise in medical and Rx plan management, driving
recommendations based on thorough understanding of current data
analytics and findings.
- In partnership with Corporate Communications, develop editorial
calendar to communicate benefits to associates using various
methods of communication to drive engagement; may write and edit
content. May create and lead benefit education webinars.
- Work closely with data analytics partners to understand trends
to predict future needs.
- Provides recommendations to management for plan or provision
modification or expansion. May identify a new benefit that would
support the overall goals and objectives of the benefits
- Evaluates status of current programs to identify cost-savings
and to ensure employee satisfaction.
- Manage and review program metrics and ROI results. Make plan
recommendations based on results.
- Lead other ad-hoc projects and perform other responsibilities
We believe the successful candidate has these qualifications and
- Bachelor's degree required. Relevant experience or equivalent
combination of education and experience is also acceptable
- 5-7 years' benefits strategy experience. Specific PBM knowledge
Our Full Job Description Will Be Made Available.
What it is like at Albertsons?Albertsons Culture
PrinciplesCompassion: We always treat each other with kindness and
respectTeam: We always support and recognize each otherInclusive:
We always value everyone's perspectiveLearning: We always strive to
grow and develop ourselves and othersCompetitive: We always act
with integrity to win over the customerOwnership: We always take
actions to drive our success
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Salt Lake City , Health & Welfare Strategy Leader (Remote), Healthcare , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!