Psychologist - HMHI Youth Intermediate Services Float
Company: University of Utah
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: August 6, 2022
As a patient-focused organization, University of Utah Health exists
to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient
care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a
culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect.
University of Utah Health seeks staff that are committed to the
values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility,
diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our
This position provides psychological assessment, diagnosis, and
treatment services of a clinical nature through direct patient care
and consultation to hospital and Huntsman Mental Health Institute
Huntsman Mental Health Institute: Youth Intermediate Services Float
Psychologist - The Huntsman Mental Health Institute Youth
Intermediate Services department includes a child day treatment
program (Kidstar), two adolescent day treatment programs (Teenscope
and Teenscope South), and a girls' residential treatment program
(YRT). The Float Psychologist would typically move between the four
programs in which they would provide individual, family and group
therapy coverage when the primary therapist is out of the office.
In addition, the position would also include psychological testing
administration for children and adolescents admitted to these
programs. This role may extend to offer coverage on the inpatient
units if necessary.
Ideal candidates have excellent communication skills and can
quickly adapt to new situations and a rapidly changing environment.
Flexibility and ownership are key skills necessary for success in
Corporate Overview: The University of Utah is a Level 1 Trauma
Center and is nationally ranked and recognized for our academic
research, quality standards and overall patient experience. Our
five hospitals and eleven clinics provide excellence in our
comprehensive services, medical advancement, and overall patient
* Evaluates patients to determine status.
* Provides direct psychological services for hospital and/or
Huntsman Mental Health Institute patients.
* Collaborates with University and community agencies and
departments to provide psychological and social services through
outreach and consultation programs.
* Develops mental health programs of a remedial, developmental, and
* Trains and supervises doctoral psychology interns and
* Assists in directing or working within agency program and support
areas, as assigned by director.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
* Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined
* Program development and evaluation skills.
* Outreach consultation skills.
* Demonstrated human relation and effective communication
* Ability to provide care appropriate to the population served.
* Ability to provide patient care to patients and families
resistant to treatment and delivering quality care within the
constraints of managed care.
* Ph.D or Psy.D. degree from an APA accredited graduate program in
counseling, school or clinical psychology.
* Current licensure as a Psychologist in the State of Utah.
* One year experience in psychotherapy, group or family therapy
within a clinical setting.
* Current RQI Healthcare Provider eCredential through the
University of Utah Health RQI system. The eCredential is to be
obtained within 30 days of hire.
* Additional license requirements as determined by the hiring
* Experience with hospital- based psychological practices
(inpatient, residential, partial hospitalization and / or
* Experience with individual, family, and group psychotherapy; and
a variety of assessment experiences including intellectual,
neuropsychological, and affective/behavioral assessment.
* Licensed for two years or more, and experience, training, or
interest in providing clinical supervision to interns and
* Completion of an APA-approved doctoral internship.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or
without an accommodation.
* This position involves intermediate work that may exert up to 50
pounds and may consistently require lifting, carrying, pushing,
pulling or otherwise moving objects while providing patient care to
those with psychiatric conditions.
Carrying, Climbing, Color Determination, Crawling, Far Vision,
Lifting, Listening, Manual Dexterity, Near Vision, Pulling and/or
Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Stooping and
Crouching, Tasting or Smelling, Walking
Keywords: University of Utah, Salt Lake City , Psychologist - HMHI Youth Intermediate Services Float, Healthcare , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!