Social Worker (CSW or LCSW) Admissions and Discharge Planning Coordinator
Company: University of Utah
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: September 23, 2022
As a patient-focused organization, University of Utah Health exists
to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient
care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a
culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect.
University of Utah Health seeks staff that are committed to the
values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility,
diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our
mission. EO/AAThis position will include screening, therapeutic
behavioral/crisis management, collaboration, and disposition
planning. This position provides screening of referrals to ensure
eligibility criteria is met for day treatment and residential level
of care. This position provides professional clinical assessment
services and when necessary counseling services of a preventative
and developmental nature through direct consultation with patients.
This position is responsible for determining if patients meet
medical criteria for day treatment or residential level of care and
for advocating subsequent insurance authorization. This position
provides disposition planning for patients who are participating in
day treatment and residential level of care.Corporate Overview: The
University of Utah is a Level 1 Trauma Center and is nationally
ranked and recognized for our academic research, quality standards
and overall patient experience. Our four hospitals and seventeen
clinics provide excellence in our comprehensive services, medical
advancement, and overall patient outcomes.
HMHI Day Treatment Programs
* Reviews clinical records of patients referred for day treatment
and/or residential level of care to determine if patients meet
* Clinically assesses patients referred for day treatment and/or
residential treatment to screen for the appropriate level of
* Identifies and provides outreach in the form of information and
referrals for community resources to patients and families such as
shelter, transportation, future treatment plans and financial
* Develops and implements individualized treatment approach to meet
the needs of each patient and their families.
* Works in close collaboration with all members of the treatment
team including medical doctors, to further their understanding of
significant social and emotional factors contributing to the
patient's well being.
* May perform some didactic or process group coverage.
* Assists in the development of departmental policies and
* Oversees and supervises Social Worker Interns.
* May perform Case Management duties.
* Documentation of all actions and information shared with care
team members or third-party payer.
* Collaboration, education, outreach, and coordination with
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
* Ability to communicate verbally as well as in writing.
* Ability to work independently and provide individual, group and
* Ability to oversee the activities of Social Workers, Interns and
other caseworkers in their area.
* Ability to assess data regarding the patient's status and provide
care as described in the department's policies and procedures
* Ability to assist patients and their families with post-treatment
adjustments including but not limited to working closely with
local, state and federal agencies to ensure the patient receives
the appropriate assistance.
* Care is appropriate to the population served.
* Demonstrated human relations and effective verbal and written
* Current RQI Healthcare Provider eCredential through the
University of Utah Health RQI system. The eCredential is to be
obtained within 30 days of hire.
* One of the following
* Current Licensed Clinical Social Worker (L.C.S.W.) certificate
for clinical practice in the State of Utah.
* Current license to practice as a Certified Social Worker in the
State of Utah.
* Additional license requirements as determined by the hiring
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or
without an accommodation.
* This position involves intermediate work that may exert up to 50
pounds and may consistently require lifting, carrying, pushing,
pulling or otherwise moving objects while providing patient care to
those requiring psychiatric care.
Listening, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Walking
Keywords: University of Utah, Salt Lake City , Social Worker (CSW or LCSW) Admissions and Discharge Planning Coordinator, Healthcare , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!