Occupational Therapy Practitioner
Company: Sacred Circle Healthcare Inc
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Sacred Circle Healthcare is seeking a full-time Occupational
Therapy Practitioner for our clinics in Salt Lake City and West
Valley City, Utah. As an entity of the Confederated Tribes of the
Goshute Reservation, we, at Sacred Circle Healthcare, preserve the
Goshute heritage of protecting and caring for family and extend the
tradition to all marginalized and underserved populations in our
area. We refuse to let access, ethnicity, or socioeconomic status
restrict someone from receiving complete healthcare. Interested in
joining our team? We are looking for people who are genuine, kind,
ambitious, positive, and helpful - exceptional people building on a
celebrated heritage who are passionate about delivering
uncompromising care - people who make a difference every day no
matter what their role or position. If you are looking for a job
where the work you do impacts lives for the better every day, you
are in the right place! Job Summary
- Overview: Responsible for the assessment and treatment of
patients with varying diagnoses to assist in improving their
ability to complete and participate in tasks related to daily life,
recreation, and work. Duties include assessment, treatment and
discharge of appropriate patients and working in an integrated
medical model to help patients reach their greatest recovery
- Reports to: Director of Physical Therapy
- Department: Physical Therapy
- Business Unit: Operations
- Patient Care: Yes
- Worker Status: Full-time, salary
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Hours Per Week: 40
- Starting Wage/Salary:
- Work Schedule: To Be Determined with the availability of 8:00
am - 6:00 pm Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend work may be
required as job duties demand.
- Location: Salt Lake City Main Clinic, West Valley City Clinic
and Pamela's Place.
- Supervisory responsibilities: No The successful candidate:
- Provides compassionate and patient centered?care, including
examinations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment for a specified
- Performs thorough assessment of the patient's physical, social,
environment, emotional and cognitive needs to develop a treatment
- Focuses on patient centered goals and includes
family/caregivers in treatment plan as appropriate
- Reviews the patient's progress and adapts the treatment
- Performs administrative tasks such as keeping records, writing
reports and making telephone calls.
- Coordinates with interdisciplinary team on patient needs,
treatment modifications, and progress. Minimum Requirements
- EDUCATION: Bachelor or Master's degree in Occupational Therapy
from an American Occupational Therapy Associations (AOTA) or the
Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE)
- EXPERIENCE: Must have 3 years of experience with 5+ years
preferred in an outpatient or community-based practice setting
including but not limited to: treatment of chronic pain, substance
use disorders and mental health diagnoses.
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Occupational Therapist License
- Must be enthusiastic to work in an integrated team model to
provide well rounded treatment to the native and underserved
- Must be enthusiastic about interdisciplinary care.
- Preferred Requirements Preferred Requirements
- At least 5 years of clinical experience
- Outpatient and/or community-based practice experience.
- Experience initiating or adding occupational therapy service
line to existing programs.
- Additional Information - Join us as we are Redefining
Compassionate Healthcare, together! Knowledge, Skills, and
- Knowledge and experiences related to leading and development of
group treatments, motivational interviewing, ACT, CBT, and
willingness to engage in evaluation and treatment in a primary care
- Knowledge and use of evidence-based interventions in the
treatment of relevant diagnoses.
- Knowledge of or familiarity with sensory modulation and
- Ability to organize and lead group treatment.
- Aware and able to build strong patient rapport
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills and able to
work collaboratively in an integrated rehabilitation/medical
- Strong documentation and scheduling skills.
- Ability to be dependable.
- Ability to function autonomously as the sole occupational
therapy practitioner. As group of 4 healthcare clinics, diversity
drives our identity. We are proud of our Native American heritage.
Whether you are seeking your first job, transitioning back into the
workforce, looking to start your career, or grow an existing one,
Sacred Circle Healthcare walks with you. We need you for what you
can do. We strive for a mix of benefits to help you combine great
work with a great life.
- Competitive pay
- Healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Generous PTO, paid holidays and floating holidays to celebrate
what is important to you (prorated for part-time employees)
- Retirement matching to invest in your future
- Student loan repayment options
- Colleagues that are unparalleled
- A culture that is second to none Sacred Circle
Healthcare/Confederated Tribes of the Goshute Reservation gives
preference to qualified American Indian/Alaskan Native Applicants
Keywords: Sacred Circle Healthcare Inc, Salt Lake City , Occupational Therapy Practitioner, Healthcare , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!