RN Med Surg at St. Mark's Hospital
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Description Introduction Do you want to be appreciated daily?
Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic
for patients. At St. Mark's Hospital our nurses set us apart from
any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) RN Med Surg to
join our healthcare family. Benefits St. Mark's Hospital, offers a
total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
At St. Mark's Hospital, our nurses play a vital part. We know that
every nurse s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create
your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your
career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to
create the career path that fits their life for life and empowers
their passion for patient care. Apply today for our RN Med Surg
opportunity. Job Summary and Qualifications As a highly-skilled and
compassionate Registered Nurse in the Medical Surgical Unit you
will provide direct patient care. You will work to provide patients
with an individualized care plan through assessment and planning.
Our team supports each other like family and we are looking for
someone who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. In this
- You will provide assessment and planning for individualized
- You will respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition
or response to treatment.
- You will provide care for the patient in collaboration with the
patient/family, with regard to developmental, cultural and age
specific differences, develops and implements patient care plans to
include problems, goals, evaluations and interventions.
- You will communicate effectively with physicians regarding
patient s clinical condition and results of diagnostic
- You will perform nursing duties as needed in the continuum of
care for all patients.
- You will participate in process improvement efforts and
activities for the department.
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially
under pressure. Qualifications:
- Current State of Utah or Registered Nurse License.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification within 7 days of
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required. BSN is preferred.
- Able to articulate and demonstrate appropriate nursing theory
and practice. Experience requirements are specific to positions and
departments as appropriate. For 150 years, St. Mark s Hospital has
provided a full-spectrum of healthcare services to Salt Lake City
and its surrounding communities. As Utah s first hospital, St. Mark
s team members uphold a rich tradition of patient-centered,
top-quality care at our 308 plus bed hospital. St Mark s drives the
development of some of the regions finest clinical service areas
such as neurosciences, trauma, orthopedics, cardiac care and
robotic surgery. St. Mark s was named to the Fortune/IBM Watson
Health 100 Top Hospitals list. This is the eighth time this
hospital has been recognized with this honor as one of the top
performing Teaching Hospitals in the U.S. St. Mark s has expanded
emergency access to the communities we serve with two free standing
emergency centers, Taylorsville Emergency Center and West Valley
Emergency Center . Both locations have 10 plus patient rooms are
staffed 24/7 by experienced board-certified emergency room
physicians, nurses and support teams from St. Mark s Hospital. In
addition to ER care, both facilities give comprehensive imaging
services, including computerized tomography (CT scan), X-ray, and
ultrasound as well as a fully-equipped medical laboratory. Nestled
at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains, St. Mark s sits in a pictu...
Please click HERE to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, Salt Lake City , RN Med Surg at St. Mark's Hospital, Healthcare , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!