Company: Sacred Circle
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: January 26, 2023
: Responsible for providing professional nursing care for clinic
patients under supervision of the Physician or Advanced Practice
Practitioner (APP). Assists Physician or APP and staff in
coordinating patient care. Functions as primary liaison between
patients, staff and Physician or APP.
- Reports to : SLC Practice Manager
- Department : Primary Care
- Supervisory responsibilities : None
- Schedule : Availability of 7:45 am - 6:00 pm The successful
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned that may
include checking schedules & organizing patient flow.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment.
- Takes patient histories and vital signs.
- Performs blood draws and specimen handling.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary supplies,
materials, and instruments.
- Gives injections, and applies casts, splints, and dressings, as
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments,
- Assists physicians in preparing for minor surgeries and
- Assists with scheduling of tests and treatments.
- Screens telephone calls for referral to physician.
- Provides general information on departmental policies and
- Notifies the Clinical Supervisor or Office Manager when
clinical and office supplies need replenishing.
- Assist in maintaining patient files, records, and other
information to contribute to accurate data gathering.
- Compiles and condenses technical and statistical data for
reports and records.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as
- Participates in professional development activities and
maintains professional affiliations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and
"Mission and Value Statement."
- Performs related work as required. Required Education,
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A high school diploma or GED is required. Graduation from a
recognized training facility for medical assistants is
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a physician practice is
- CPR certification preferred; MA certification preferred.
- Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish
a safe work environment.
- Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medications
- Skill in taking vital signs.
- Skill in maintaining records and recording test results.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working
relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
Additional Information - Join us as we are Redefining Compassionate
Healthcare, together! As group of 4 healthcare clinics, diversity
drives our identity. We are proud of our Native American heritage.
Whether you are seeking your first job, transitioning back into the
workforce, looking to start your career, or grow an existing one,
Sacred Circle Healthcare walks with you. We need you for what you
can do. We strive for a mix of benefits to help you combine great
work with a great life.
- Competitive pay
- Healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Generous PTO, paid holidays and floating holidays to celebrate
what is important to you (prorated for part-time employees)
- Retirement matching to invest in your future
- Colleagues that are unparalleled
- A culture that is second to none Sacred Circle
Healthcare/Confederated Tribes of the Goshute Reservation gives
preference to qualified American Indian/Alaskan Native Applicants
Keywords: Sacred Circle, Salt Lake City , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!