Company: University of Utah
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: May 27, 2023
As a patient-focused organization, University of Utah Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission. EO/AA
This position assists therapists in preparing the patient and therapy area for treatment. Performs routine activities as defined in the treatment plan, and provides clerical support in the daily operation of the therapy clinics. The incumbent works under the immediate supervision of the therapist to assist with specific treatment plans. The therapist directs and monitors each patient care task performed by the aide.
Corporate Overview: The University of Utah is a Level 1 Trauma Center and is nationally ranked and recognized for our academic research, quality standards and overall patient experience. Our five hospitals and eleven clinics provide excellence in our comprehensive services, medical advancement, and overall patient outcomes.
* Assists therapists in preparing equipment and treatment area for patient care.
* Prepares patients for treatment by transferring, positioning, dressing or removing external supports. Assists patients during ambulating to prevent injuries.
* Assists therapists with treatment procedures designed to improve the patient's functioning ability, such as sitting up, balancing, rolling, crawling, and performing daily living activities.
* Assists therapists during group activities by providing structured activities for patients.
* Instructs patients in the set-up, operation, and safety of equipment used under the supervision of the therapist.
* Answers phone inquiries and directs patients to appropriate treatment area.
* Schedules and registers patients.
* Prepares and maintains patient medical records.
* Tracks inventory levels and equipment inspection. Informs supervisor of items to be ordered and cost fluctuations.
* Collects and organizes data to assist in department quality improvement projects.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
* Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined above.
* Demonstrated computer skills.
* Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills.
* Ability to provide care appropriate to the population served.
* Ability to work independently while performing non-patient care activities such as cleaning, equipment set-up, etc. and patient related activities such as patient transport, the practice of ambulation or a personal exercise program that are not of a skilled level. These are performed under the general supervision of any therapy or nursing professional.
* Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of life span growth and development and the ability to assess data regarding the patient's status and provide care as described in the department's policies and procedures manual.
* Current enrollment in a health related degree program or two years of experience in a health care setting.
* Current RQI Healthcare Provider eCredential through the University of Utah Health RQI system. The eCredential is to be obtained within 30 days of hire.
* Additional license requirements as determined by the hiring department.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
* This position involves intermediate working conditions in a healthcare setting that may exert up to 50 pounds and may consistently require lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving patients or objects, such as medical equipment, while providing patient care. Workers in this position may be exposed to infectious diseases and may be required to function around prisoners or behavioral health patients.
Carrying, Climbing, Color Determination, Crawling, Far Vision, Lifting, Listening, Manual Dexterity, Near Vision, Pulling and/or Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Stooping and Crouching, Tasting or Smelling, Walking
Keywords: University of Utah, Salt Lake City , Rehabilitation Aide, Healthcare , Salt Lake City, Utah
here to apply!