RN Med Surg Ortho Trauma Unit Days
Company: St. Mark's Hospital
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Description IntroductionSt. Mark's Hospital is committed to
investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more
efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered
care? Submit your application for RN Med Surg position and spend
more time at the bedside with the patient.BenefitsSt. Mark's
Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for
benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether
you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role,
shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver
clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case
management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. Mark's
Hospital!Job Summary and QualificationsAs a highly-skilled and
compassionate Registered Nurse in the Medical - Surgical Unit you
will provide direct patient care. You will work to provide patients
with an individualized care plan through assessment and planning.
Our team supports each other like family and we are looking for
someone who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. In this
- You will provide assessment and planning for individualized
- You will respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition
or response to treatment.
- You will provide care for the patient in collaboration with the
patient/family, with regard to developmental, cultural and age
specific differences, develops and implements patient care plans to
include problems, goals, evaluations and interventions.
- You will communicate effectively with physicians regarding
patient's clinical condition and results of diagnostic
- You will perform nursing duties as needed in the continuum of
care for all patients.
- You will participate in process improvement efforts and
activities for the department.
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially
What qualifications you will need:
- Current State of Utah or Registered Nurse License.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification within 7 days of
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required. BSN is preferred.
- Able to articulate and demonstrate appropriate nursing theory
and practice. Experience requirements are specific to positions and
departments as appropriate.
This role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).For 150 years, St.
Mark's Hospital has provided a full-spectrum of healthcare services
to Salt Lake City and
its surrounding communities. As Utah's first hospital, St. Mark's
team members uphold a
rich tradition of patient-centered, top-quality care at our 308
plus bed hospital. St Mark's drives
the development of some of the regions finest clinical service
areas such as neurosciences, trauma,
orthopedics, cardiac care and robotic surgery. St. Mark's was named
to the Fortune/IBM
Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals - list. This is the eighth time
this hospital has been recognized with
this honor as one of the top performing Teaching Hospitals in the
St. Mark's has expanded emergency access to the communities we
serve with two free
standing emergency centers, Taylorsville Emergency Center and West
Valley Emergency Center.
Both locations have 10 plus patient rooms are staffed 24/7 by
experienced board-certified emergency
room physicians, nurses and support teams from St. Mark's Hospital.
In addition to ER care, both
facilities give comprehensive imaging services, including
computerized tomography (CT scan), X-ray, and
ultrasound as well as a fully-equipped medical laboratory.
Nestled at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains, St. Mark's sits in a
picturesque and ideal
location. From our hospital doors it's a quick commute to Salt
Lake's urban and cultural
benefits, and a short drive to outdoor adventures and Utah's
glorious national parks.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000
sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on
patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive Join a family
that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing
candidates for our RN Med Surg opening. Apply today and a member of
our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: St. Mark's Hospital, Salt Lake City , RN Med Surg Ortho Trauma Unit Days, Healthcare , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!