RN Recovery Room PRN
Company: St. Mark's Hospital
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you currently have an opportunity to
make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care
and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year,
nurses at St. Mark's Hospital have the opportunity to make a real
impact. As a(an) RN PACU PRN you can be a part of
change.BenefitsSt. Mark's Hospital, offers a total rewards package
that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our
colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for
benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock
your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your
personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of
nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an)
RN PACU PRN. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and
QualificationsAs a Registered Nurse in the PACU/Recovery you will
provide excellent patient care to individuals following operative
and invasive procedures. Our team works hard to support each other,
we are looking for an amazing nurse who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. In this role:
- You will be able to perform general nursing duties and be
competent in all post-operative procedures as verified by specific
- You will demonstrate the ability to facilitate smooth and
efficient room turnover and patient flow.
- You will complete all paperwork and computer charting to ensure
accurate and timely charting.
- You will provide appropriate management of pain under the
direction of the anesthesiologist and documents changes and
reassessment using the pain scale.
- You will work with the family to inform them of progress of the
patient, delays in transfer to the unit, etc.
- You will facilitate communications between other departments as
needed and prepare patients for transfer of care. .
- You will follow through on reporting problems and ensure proper
use of the chain of command as a patient advocate, maintaining
communication regarding any changes in the patient condition.
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially
What qualifications you will need:
- Current State of Utah Registered Nurse License or compact state
- BSN preferred
- One or more years of PACU/ICU/PCU experience preferred -
- Basic Cardiac Life Support, or Associate Degree, or Bachelors
Degree must be obtained within 30 days of employment start
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 90 days of
employment start date
For 150 years, St.
Mark's Hospital has provided a full-spectrum of healthcare services
to Salt Lake City and
its surrounding communities. As Utah's first hospital, St. Mark's
team members uphold a
rich tradition of patient-centered, top-quality care at our 308
plus bed hospital. St Mark's drives
the development of some of the regions finest clinical service
areas such as neurosciences, trauma,
orthopedics, cardiac care and robotic surgery. St. Mark's was named
to the Fortune/IBM
Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals - list. This is the eighth time
this hospital has been recognized with
this honor as one of the top performing Teaching Hospitals in the
St. Mark's has expanded emergency access to the communities we
serve with two free
standing emergency centers, Taylorsville Emergency Center and West
Valley Emergency Center.
Both locations have 10 plus patient rooms are staffed 24/7 by
experienced board-certified emergency
room physicians, nurses and support teams from St. Mark's Hospital.
In addition to ER care, both
facilities give comprehensive imaging services, including
computerized tomography (CT scan), X-ray, and
ultrasound as well as a fully-equipped medical laboratory.
Nestled at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains, St. Mark's sits in a
picturesque and ideal
location. From our hospital doors it's a quick commute to Salt
Lake's urban and cultural
benefits, and a short drive to outdoor adventures and Utah's
glorious national parks.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different
ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that
leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our
Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our RN PACU
PRN opening. Submit your application today and help advance the
practice of nursing.We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: St. Mark's Hospital, Salt Lake City , RN Recovery Room PRN, Healthcare , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!