Lab Tech (MyRisk Post Lab, Sun-Wed 8p-6:30a MST)
Company: Myriad Genetics
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: February 6, 2024
Myriad Genetics is looking for a Lab Tech to join our myRisk PCR
Post Lab Team. MyRisk with RiskScore is a powerful tool that
evaluates 48 genes to help healthcare providers identify their
patients' risk of developing 11 different types of hereditary
cancer. More than a test, MyRisk's clear, actionable results are
the foundation for personalized care plans that can be used to help
patients make confident, informed decisions about their medical
management. The is a full-time position and the schedule for this
position is Sunday through Wednesday 6pm to 4:30am MST.
- Complying with the laboratory's technical, administrative and
safety policies and procedures.
- Participating in the laboratory's quality assurance plan,
adhering to quality control and preventive maintenance policies and
appropriately documenting these activities.
- Working as part of a team to produce repeatable quality
- Maintaining a clean and organized laboratory space.
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Operating high performance liquid handling robots.
- Participating in continuing education according to accepted
- Actively participating in successful and timely completion of
training and competency assessment as outlined in the laboratory
and departmental training programs. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or
clinical laboratory/medical technology science.
- Due to the nature of the tests extensive documentation skills
- Requires good attention to detail
- Good communication skills are a must
- Requires the ability to adapt to change efficiently Physical
and Mental Requirements
- Carrying, communicating, analyzing, coordinating, lifting up to
20lbs, repetitive Motion, color Determination The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to sit; talk; or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands
to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop;
kneel; or crouch
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision and depth perception. Myriad Genetics
Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being
a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with
pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and
commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk
of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk
of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six
major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can
significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs.
Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining
leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying
its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and
increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For
more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit
the Company's website: .
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse
talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to
our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high
value on diversity and inclusion at our company. In hiring and all
other employment decisions, we prohibit discrimination and
harassment on the basis of any protected characteristic, including
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status,
pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under
applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make
reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious
practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any
information not specifically requested on this Employment
Keywords: Myriad Genetics, Salt Lake City , Lab Tech (MyRisk Post Lab, Sun-Wed 8p-6:30a MST), Healthcare , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!