Medical Assistant, MA, Layton Workmed
Company: Intermountain Healthcare
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a
world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while
embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength,
innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live
the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here.
A Medical Assistant II performs routine clerical and clinical tasks
within the clinic, assisting Physicians and other licensed
providers to provide quality patient care efficiently and cost
Essential Job Duties
Performs basic clerical and office duties including:
- Assembles necessary documents and supplies.
- Effectively uses computer applications in the office
- Schedules, coordinates, and monitors appointments, inpatient
and outpatient admissions, tests, treatments, and
- Maintains medical records and other information.
- Maintains inventory of supplies. Orders and restocks as needed
to ensure availability for patient care.
- Accurately documents patient history, physical, and vital
information into the medical record.
Performs business and financial duties including:
- Under the direction of the provider, assigns procedural and
diagnostic coding to encounter forms.
- Conducts pre-authorizations and referrals in accordance with
third party insurer requirements.
- Facilitates timely billing by completing necessary
Performs clinical functions within acceptable standards of care
- Prioritizes (triage) patient needs identified through phone,
electronic, and walk-in communication in accordance with
established guidelines, standing orders, and protocols.
- Recognizes and appropriately responds to emergency
- Prepares and maintains examination and treatment
- Performs complete intake process as specified by physician or
other providers (chief complaint, history, vital signs, height,
weight, OFC, care process model data, etc.).
- Administers screening tests to patients (e.g., visual tests,
audiology, spirometry, EKGs) within practice type.
- Assists provider with examinations, procedures, treatments, and
- Provides patient education as directed (content reflects
specific MA training, guidelines, care process models,
- Reports significant changes in patient condition or other
pertinent patient information to the Physician.
- Following provider instructions, demonstrates accurate, timely,
and efficient follow through with pharmacy refills, scheduling out
of clinic procedures, obtaining, reporting and tracking of lab
results, leaving phone messages, and distributing faxes.
Actively participates in quality improvement initiatives (i.e. CQI,
TQM, Lean, 100% participation, etc.).
- Entry Rate: $15.21 (based on experience)
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: Part-time shifts, 9 hours/week.
- Department: Layton Workmed
- Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant
program or one with which Intermountain Healthcare has a valid
or three years of Medical Assistant experience in an outpatient
clinic or other healthcare setting
or successful completion of an accredited LPN or RN program and a
current LPN or RN license.
- Satisfactorily completes applicable competency assessments and
skills checklists within 90 days of hire or transfer into Medical
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels,
assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients,
and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well
as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and
issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and
delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes
frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care,
accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer
patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and
equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and
including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients
and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This
includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including
heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms
(full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an
extended period of time.
- Current national MA certification from one of the following
national MA certifications or registrations: Registered Medical
Assistant (RMA) of AMT, National Certified Medical Assistant
(NCMA), Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA), or Certified
Medical Assistant (CMA) of the AAMA.
- Experience in an outpatient clinic or other healthcare
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant internship.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain
Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race,
ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability
and/or genetic information.
Activation Date: Thursday, July 11, 2019
Expiration Date: Friday, July 19, 2019
Keywords: Intermountain Healthcare, Salt Lake City , Medical Assistant, MA, Layton Workmed, Healthcare , Layton, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!