Banquet Server - Winter 2021-22
Company: Deer Valley Resort
Posted on: November 22, 2021
DescriptionPURPOSE OF POSITION: The primary duty is maintaining
the goal of providing food and beverage with personalized and
professional service. The focus of our efforts should reflect our
image through a courteous manner and helpful team-oriented
attitude, maximizing the effectiveness of prompt, friendly and
efficient execution. Employees should be well informed about Deer
Valley Resort in order to provide accurate information to our
- Standing or walking for long periods of time
- Immediate and flexible availability
- Lifting and carrying 25-50 pounds
- Valid SMART/TIPS and FOOD HANDLER Certifications.
- Reliable transportation to any of our venues.JOB
DESCRIPTION:Banquet Server must be able to:
- Be on your feet for a 6 10 hour shift walking, moving, bending,
lifting and twisting.
- Carry between 25 and 50 pounds from bussing oval trays of
dishes, be able to lift and carry glassware racks, utensils, linen
bags, buckets of ice, pushing loaded carts.
- Follow Deer Valley Resort company policies and departmental
procedures including but not limited to: uniform and grooming,
professional appearance, workplace cleanliness and organization,
- Respect and follow safety policies, protocols and
- Have dependable, reliable attendance and follow proper
timekeeping procedures. Be on time and ready to work when
scheduled. Communicate with supervisor in a timely manner when
encountering problems that may limit ability to meet
- Meet scheduling commitments with limited schedule special
requests. Exhibit willingness to adapt to changes in resorts
fluctuating business needs (available to work when needed or take
extra days off).SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENT AS SERVER:
- Minimum one year experience in high quality restaurant service
with an emphasis on proper wine and food serviceJOB DUTIES AND
- Report to work on time, in clean and proper uniform with
- All servers should exhibit teamwork to administer all service
required according to operational procedures including but not
- General cleanliness in order to keep dining area clean and
attractive at all times.
- Prepare buffets and action stations. This includes table setup,
decorating and placing culinary service items and COVID safety
equipment, burners, chafing dishes, hot and cold holding devices,
- Buffet items to ensure safety, quality of food and superior
- Proper set up and execution of conferences and other catered
- Be familiar with food and drink menus; answer questions
concerning preparation, portion size, ingredients.
- Check duty /side work lists for assigned duties; complete tasks
in timely manner.
- Clear tables promptly and efficiently; soiled dishes taken
immediately to bus area; separate properly into designated areas,
know their assigned stations/tables and provide the necessary
attention to detail; ask for other staff assistance when
- Follow and adhere to recycling protocols.SPECIFIC JOB
REQUIREMENTS AS BARTENDER:
- Minimum two years experience in high quality restaurant service
with an emphasis on proper bar and food serviceJOB DUTIES AND
- Should prepare and service beverages for servers and guests in
a quick, efficient, friendly and professional manner.
- Ensure that guests are served in accordance to State and local
guidelines regarding the service of alcohol.
- Maintain a clean bar area, restock bar inventory as needed,
perform opening, closing duties and side work.
- Assist with monthly inventory of the bar as requested.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and available beverages.
- Must have knowledge of and be able to operate all equipment
related to the outlet.
- May be required to work in a server position.All Banquet staff
- Offer exceptional assistance to our guests. Should you not be
able to answer their question or be unsure of a situation, refer
guest immediately to a supervisor.
- Provide the required tools of the trade: corkscrew, black
footwear and belt, ID card.Requirements
Keywords: Deer Valley Resort, Salt Lake City , Banquet Server - Winter 2021-22, Hospitality & Tourism , Peoa, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!