Restaurant Service Team
Company: Vessel Kitchen
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Let's be honest. It's hospitality. We're not performing open
heart surgery, nor trying to. Every job description is the same.
We're all trying to polish the turd. Below is the full version of
the job, featuring all the legal-ise and flowery language you can
handle. We know you're not with us for life. But we think we can
have some fun, and you can make some cheddah (money, people).
So what sets us apart?
- We pay better than pretty much any other service team/fast
casual gig. Promise.
- At Vessel, every hourly staff members shares equally in the
tips, based on how many hours they work.
- We give you a free meal per shift, two if you're working a
- You can interact with some guests, and have fun working with
our quirky, slightly insane team.
- You can chop some veggies and learn better knife skillz. Yes,
with a z.
- You can grow into a keyholder, which pays more, usually within
a few months. Maybe even a supervisor. Who knows?
Here's that job description and flowery language I was talking
about. Is it true? Yep.
We are looking for responsible, dependable and hard working Service
Team & Cashier team members that are the backbone of our Front of
House. These positions are making salads, bowls and plates
throughout the shift, also potentially greeting guests and
cashiering, handling money and using our point of sale system, as
well as prepping fresh foods and assisting with other duties as
Here's how our ideal candidate shows up:
- On time
- Has experience in restaurants
- Able to stand, bend, pivot and lift up to 30 lbs for 8 hours at
- Eager to grow/learn
- Cares about where they work
Pay & Benefits:
- A minimum of $16.00 per hour, between tips and wages.
- Better pay than you'll find at a fast casual gig.
- Reasonable hours, we aren't open early, or late.
- You get a free meal with every shift, two with a double.
- Flexible scheduling.
- Ability to grow, and grow quickly.
- You can learn to cook, or lead.
Requirements & Responsibilities:Requirements:
- Must know and follow food safety procedures
- Must have communication skills
- Must be able to prioritize tasks
- Make sure guests come and go happily, and enjoy their food &
- Maintaining a clean and well-organized working environment
- Bussing tables to collect soiled plates and flatware
- Helping other team members to make plates, cashier and greet
- Interact with guests
- Assist other staff members with tasks when the need arises
- Adhere to food safety procedures and regulations
- Taking out the trash
- Prepping foodCompany IntroductionBetween a mountain of fast
food and a handful of great restaurants out of reach for daily
dining, we saw an opportunity for something better: A fine dining
vibe at fast casual affordability and convenience. Bright, clean,
and authentic. Scratch preparation and flavors from around the
world. This may be an uncommon concept, but its everyday at
Keywords: Vessel Kitchen, Salt Lake City , Restaurant Service Team, Hospitality & Tourism , Midvale, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!