Retail Supervisor (Full-Time) - 74 Main
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description Job Title: Lead Retail Guide (Lead Retail Sales
Associate)Job Level: Entry/Mid LevelJob Type: Full-Time,
Non-ExemptJob Location: Cotopaxi Retail Store - 74 S Main St. Salt
Lake City, UtahJob Compensation: $16/hour with potential to earn an
additional $2.00 per hour bonus.About Cotopaxi:Cotopaxi is a carbon
neutral outdoor gear brand founded to create sustainably designed
products that fight extreme poverty, inspire adventure, and move
people to do good. As a certified B Corporation, we believe in
using the power of business as a force for social, environmental,
and economic good. Our creed, Gear for Good, touches every aspect
of our company. Cotopaxi is committed to making all of our gear
using repurposed, recycled, or responsible materials by 2025. We
allocate 1% of our annual revenue to the Cotopaxi Foundation which
awards grants to outstanding nonprofit partners carefully selected
for their track records at improving the human condition and
alleviating poverty. In 2021, we aided over 1 million people in
extreme poverty through targeted grants to outstanding
organizations with proven methodologies.Job Overview (What You'll
Do):Officially, we refer to ourselves in the retail channel as
Guides, because we guide customers through their Cotopaxi retail
journey, sharing our own product knowledge and experiences to help
them make the right purchase for their trip to the mountains, the
beach, the city or even the local park. You'll chat backpacks,
jackets, adventure and impact all while sharing our Do Good
mission.As the Lead Retail Guide, you will work closely with the
Retail Store Manager to oversee daily operations as well as be an
approachable resource for your team. Most importantly, you will
lead the retail team through the embodiment of Cotopaxi's brand and
culture, leveraging your desire to engage and inspire adventure
(big or small) in the community!Job Responsibilities (How You'll Do
- Create a customer first culture by fostering a fun, engaging
environment between Guides and customers.
- Interact with every customer. Say hello, share your experience,
and offer your help and expertise.
- Educate customers on products, experiences, local highlights
and most importantly, Cotopaxi's mission.
- Guide customers toward products that will enhance their
experience and relationship with the Cotopaxi brand.
- Be the in-house expert on Cotopaxi products and initiatives,
and share that knowledge with your Guides.
- Live and inspire the Cotopaxi culture and values of people,
impact and adventure.
- Be an ambassador of the Cotopaxi brand throughout your
community by getting involved.
- Collaborate with the community engagement team on in-store and
- Lead your Guides by example in making memorable experiences for
- Support the development of your Guides through encouragement,
training, and productive feedback.
- Grow the herd! Help support management with hiring new
- Open the store up for business on time and/or close the store
down at the end of the day.
- Manage the point of sale system and make sure customers leave
happy and satisfied.
- Share the load. Prioritize the store's needs and delegate
accordingly between yourself and your Guides.
- Keep the store spruced and ready for every customer by
maintaining the cleanliness of sales floor and stockroom.
- Partner with the Visual Merchandising Manager to execute new
directions and maintain an inviting customer journey through the
- Manage inventory levels and support the Store Manager with
ordering and receiving.
- Partner with the Store Manager to ensure operational and brand
goals are being met.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all customers and
Guides!Job Requirements (Who You Are):
- 18 years or older.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in retail, ideally as a lead or
supervisor, and if you have worked in the outdoor industry, that's
great (but not necessary)!
- Detail oriented and organized.
- A people person. Good at gab. You know the kind.
- Active, energetic and enthusiastic.
- A humanitarian at heart.
- Someone who can happily work throughout the holiday season
(including the Friday after Thanksgiving).
- Someone who doesn't mind being on their feet.
- Someone who can lift 25 pounds or more and can climb a ladder
carrying boxes and bags.Character:We take character and camaraderie
seriously at Cotopaxi. We like givers and builders. Our brand is
always growing and evolving, which means you'll be evolving with
it. We like to see candidates who show strong capacity for
adaptiveness and flexibility. We're a spunky company looking to
prove that mission-first brands CAN win. If you join our team,
you'll be a part of something bigger than a bottom line; so, we
love to see volunteering and community engagement on resumes.The
Work Environment:Cotopaxi is a company that values people, impact,
and adventure and our work environment reflects just that. Whether
you are working from one of our retail stores, our headquarters,
your couch at home, or even your van in the woods, you'll feel the
camaraderie of our amazing team of visionaries, builders and
go-getters. We work hard and we play hard. We are a team of
outdoorsy and indoorsy, mission-driven people looking to prove that
business CAN be a force for good. So, if you join our team, you'll
be a part of something bigger than a bottom line.Job Benefits (The
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Company paid basic life insurance.
- Company paid short term disability coverage.
- Company paid life assistance program.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- 15 days PTO per year.
- 60% off Cotopaxi products.
- Additional outdoor gear discounts.
- $1,000 stipend after 18 months for bucket list adventure.
- $5,000 stipend after 5 years for bucket list adventure.
- Company outings and gatherings.
- A fun, caring and empowering company culture!As a
mission-driven brand, Cotopaxi is not only hyper aware of but also
deeply invested in putting people first and paving the way as a
humanitarian brand. We welcome, embrace and celebrate all people
regardless of gender, age, race, disability, nationality,
ethnicity, faith, or sexual orientation. We believe in Doing Good,
and how we're involved with that has no limits. Powered by
Keywords: Cotopaxi, Salt Lake City , Retail Supervisor (Full-Time) - 74 Main, Hospitality & Tourism , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!