Company: Bloomin' Brands
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: September 25, 2022
In 1998, restaurateurs Paul Fleming and Bill Allen opened the
first Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar in Newport Beach,
California. They created a new kind of steakhouse, one with an
atmosphere that was stylish, lively and inviting - an inspired,
contemporary evolution of an American classic. From the beginning,
Fleming's has always featured the very finest aged prime beef and
fresh seafood with service that is both gracious and indulgent. Our
award-winning Fleming's 100 , offering 100 premium wines served by
the glass, is an industry benchmark. With a menu featuring Small
Plates, generous sides, decadent desserts and an innovative Bar
Menu, Fleming's has raised the standard of steakhouse dining to a
whole new level. Our promise at Fleming's is to make every guest
visit a memorable celebration of exceptional food, wine and
personalized service. At Fleming's, we are committed to celebrating
the diversity that has always been one of the core strengths of our
business. We thrive from the special kind of energy that comes when
talented Associates with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives achieve success by working hard, working smart and
working together in the spirit of Fleming's high standards of
excellence. POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for the daily operations
of the kitchen, by providing professional leadership and direction
to the culinary personnel by ensuring that all recipes, food
preparations and presentations meet the restaurant's specifications
and commitment to quality. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Responsibilities include coaching and counseling employees in
conjunction with the Chef Partner.
- Assist in ideation of menu items to be featured on the Chefs
- Ensures that the operational basics and standards are adhered
to with total commitment and passion by providing direction and
guidance to all heart of the house associates: line checks,
testing, training, recipe adherence, expo management, cook times,
- Directs and checks the progress of the prep staff, checking for
quality and consistency on food preparation.
- Works side by side with line cooks daily.
- Supervises the set-up and food production areas within the
kitchen to maximize productivity and minimize waste.
- Checks and balances product inventory from previous day of
business, places food and supply orders.
- Enforces safety and sanitary practices and maintenance for the
- Ensures compliance with operational standards, company
policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances; ensures all
health inspections meet required state standards.
- Checks all culinary equipment and sets them up for daily use.
Keeps kitchen, dish, and storage areas clean and organized.
- Culinary certificate preferred, but not required.
- 2+ years of kitchen experience working in polished casual/fine
- ServSafe sanitation certification preferred, but not
Keywords: Bloomin' Brands, Salt Lake City , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!