Cook - All Experience Levels - Mountain Dining - Winter Seas
Company: Vail Resorts
Location: Park City
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Reach Your Peak at Employer. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies--and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Employer. Reach Your Peak.------Park City, the largest resort in America, is currently seeking--cooks of all experience levels for our on-mountain locations!What's in it for you?
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts
- Fun, dynamic resort work environment--
- Free meal on each shift.
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Retail discounts at Employer Retail stores
- Competitive wages
- Seasonal benefits package
- Opportunities for career development (strongly supported)Job Summaries:The--Entry Cook--is responsible for basic food preparation tasks, such as cutting up meat and fish, cleaning, peeling, slicing, chopping, measuring and mixing ingredients, etc. May use basic cooking skills to work on a line or in a cooking station, such as the broiler, fryer, oven, grill, or saut-- station and be responsible for set up of assigned station. May be responsible for loading and unloading food product to remote meal sites for preparation.The--Intermediate Cook--functions as an experienced cook, responsible for performing the full cooking process using established recipes. This includes preparing and measuring ingredients; grilling, broiling, baking, frying, and saut--ing; testing for doneness and taste; adjusting seasoning and temperature for best results; and attractive food presentation. In casual facilities, fully responsible for all aspects of a cooking station. Ensures cooking station or area is sanitary and fully functional.--The--Advanced Cook--functions as very experienced cook, responsible for performing the full range of the most difficult cooking tasks. In addition to cooking complex menu items, prepares sauces and glazes to enhance flavors. Improvises on established recipes based on availability of ingredients. Suggests, develops, and tests new recipes and menu items. May assist with ordering and inventory management. Oversees food preparation and provides training and guidance to more junior staff.Requirements:
- Individuals who are passionate about guest service and the hospitality/ski industry
- English Proficiency
- Able to work the entire season (November- April)
- Some experience in food and beverage or guest service - preferred
- Weekends and holidays required.
- All of our team members are typically required to wash dishes one shift per weekPhysical requirements for this position include:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, lift and carry heavy objects.Becoming part of the Park City team means you're joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America's largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that's as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. Employer is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.Requisition ID 162790
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Salt Lake City , Cook - All Experience Levels - Mountain Dining - Winter Seas, Hospitality & Tourism , Park City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!