Food Service Specialist
Company: Intermountain Healthcare
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a
world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while
embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength,
innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live
the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here.
Under general supervision, the Food Service Specialist performs a
variety of food service duties.
Essential Job Duties
- Obtains food and/or supplies from storeroom.
- Delivers and presents trays to patients using patient
- Stocks and cleans.
- Independently resolves customer service issues.
- Performs accurate cash/credit transactions according to
- Balances and reconciles drawer.
- Knows menu, portion, and price prior to meal service to provide
appropriate service to customers, including answering questions and
- Sets up and services catered functions according to requested
level and scope of service.
- Performs food preparation functions (following standard recipe,
assembling ingredients), for example, prepares salads, sandwiches,
vegetables, and fruit.
- Understands modified diets and prepares modified recipes using
- Maintains an organized and sanitary working
- Maintains proper quantities of production with appropriate
rotation of product.
- Performs housekeeping functions including cleaning and
sanitizing surfaces, floor care, and equipment (oven, fryer,
- Entry Rate: $13.25 + depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN/On-Call, Shifts are scheduled as far in
advance as possible
- Department: Nutritional Services, Primary Children's
- Meal discounts
- Transit / Commuter pass (for those participating
- Close to Trax
Intermountain Healthcare now uses a video interviewing program to
help review and screen candidates. If you are moved onto the next
steps of the application process, you may get an email or text with
an invitation and instructions on how to complete your video
interview. Please make sure to check your spam folder as sometimes
these emails can get lost.
- Food Handler's Permit (as required by the County).
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to handle problems and difficult
- Demonstrated basic math skills.
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to
verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the
ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies,
and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and
retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a
grill or in a refrigerator, and tolerate exposure to cleaning
- One year of food service or cashier experience.
- Hospital food service experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain
Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race,
ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability
and/or genetic information.
Location: US-UT-Salt Lake City
Activation Date: Monday, July 1, 2019
Expiration Date: Thursday, August 29, 2019
Keywords: Intermountain Healthcare, Salt Lake City , Food Service Specialist, Hospitality & Tourism , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!