Hospital Payroll and Scheduling Specialist
Company: University of Utah Health
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: February 16, 2020
OverviewAs a patient-focused organization, University of Utah
Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of people
through patient care, research and education. Success in this
mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence,
leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health seeks staff that
are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration,
innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust
that are integral to our mission. EO/AAThis Position is for
Centralized Nursing Payroll's Use onlyThis position is responsible
for the payroll reporting and scheduling of the nursing departments
within the organization. The incumbents will follow the
organization's payroll practices, as well as federal and state laws
regarding timekeeping.This position is not responsible for
providing direct patient care.Responsibilities
- Works with confidential and sensitive information including but
not limited to, team member data and organizational data related to
- Trains and supports staff and managers on appropriate use of
scheduler, time clocks, daily roster documentation, written
employee exceptions submissions, e-mail exception format, and
Kronos approval and sign off.
- Reconciles and edits daily schedule changes and time card data
entry for the payroll of multiple departments and prepares time
cards for final payroll close.
- Manages Initial Schedule Positing for multiple nursing units
and manages staffing according to budgeted Staff Utilization Grid
and skill matrix.
- Collaborates with Nursing Leadership and Centralized Staffing
Office for daily staffing and schedule posting and final validation
for accuracy and labor efficiency.
- Collects and validates time card exception documentation,
including missed punches. Notifies managers and employees of
discrepancies in exception submission as needed.
- Enters Kronos data, applying unit transfers, and pay
- Responsible for final reconciliation of designation of
productive and non-productive hours for nursing finance and final
posting of labor dollars at the departmental level.
- Designates and applies pay codes to employees with multiple
jobs and/or rates of pay.
- Researches and resolves team member and/or system problems in
conjunction with operations leadership, Campus payroll and Human
- Maintains active communication with the Payroll office and
Human Resources to resolve any pay issues.
- Identifies and reports non-compliance with pay and scheduling
practices and policies to appropriate persons including leadership,
Payroll, and Human Resources.
- Liaison to Human Resources between employees and managers
regarding active leave cases: FMLA, Military, and Paid
administrative Leave and application of pay codes.
- Prepares time card approval reports, retroactive pay reports,
and schedule reports for managers and nursing directors.
- Participates in departments internal audits to ensure the
proper utilization of the system is in place.
- Researches and resolves payroll discrepancies including
under-payments, over-payments and payment with incorrect code or
- Prepares retroactive payments and ESL/PTO adjustments for
processing at the main payroll level. Coordinates with the
employee, nursing manager to verify appropriate signature and sends
on for final processing with main Campus Payroll.
- Processes Additional Compensation Requests and obtains
necessary signatures for processing at the main payroll level.
- Reviews and reconciles weekly account charges.
- Reviews and reconciles department's final labor reports and
performs re-allocations for nursing units as requested.Knowledge /
Skills / Abilities
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization in a
professional and collaborative manner.
- Knowledge of Kronos timekeeping, scheduling, and
- Advanced proficiency with worksheets and data analysis.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and financial principles.
- Ability to work with more than one computer
- Associate's degree, or equivalency.
- One year of experience in Kronos Scheduling and Payroll, or
- Experience in a hospital or clinical setting.Working Conditions
and Physical DemandsEmployee must be able to meet the following
requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This is a sedentary position that may exert up to 10 pounds and
may lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. This
position involves sitting most of the time and is not exposed to
adverse environmental conditions.Physical RequirementsManual
Dexterity, SittingShare Refer this job to a friend Interested in
this opportunity?Socialize this job opportunity to a friend,
colleague, or family member:EEO StatementThe University of Utah
Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process
will be provided to individuals with disabilities. The University
of Utah Health Care is committed to diversity in its workforce.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.Requisition Number
38621Reg/Temp RegularEmployment Type Full-TimeShift DayWork
Schedule Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pmLocation Name
University of Utah HospitalPatient Care? NoCity SALT LAKE CITYState
UTDepartment UUH OPC 35A WCSL Amb AdminCategory Business /
AdministrationThe University of Utah Health Care is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable
accommodations in the application process will be provided to
individuals with disabilities. The University of Utah Health Care
is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities
are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: University of Utah Health, Salt Lake City , Hospital Payroll and Scheduling Specialist, Human Resources , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!