Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Sorenson Communications, a provider of industry-leading
communication offerings with an emphasis on products and services
for the deaf and hard-of-hearing, is seeking an energetic software
engineer to assist in development of our desktop applications to
better enrich the lives of our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Deliver innovative, high quality industry-leading communication
services for deaf and Hard-of-Hearing communities.
* Development and debugging skills to implement system components
in C++ or other languages.
* Install, configure, maintain, test, and troubleshoot
enterprise-class VoIP telecommunications equipment, systems and
* SIP Registrar, SBC, B2BUA, MCU, and TURN servers.
* Design, develop, and/or employ tools for automatically evaluating
product quality, system performance and scalability.
* Analyze published RFCs to identify requirements needed to comply
with constraint in the RFC.
* Implement standards-based communication protocols and related
technologies including XML, JSON, HTTP, and REST
* Troubleshoot video call flows using Wireshark a network packet
* Provide aggressive, attainable goals and time frames
* Drive standards-based architectures and supporting services
* Use of agile and rapid application development processes to speed
* Follow engineering best practices in a team environment to
develop high-quality products including writing automated unit,
component, and feature level testing
* Contribute to the overall enterprise architecture and the
development of product features
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Travel Requirements: Less than 25%
Minimum/Preferred Education Description
Minimum 4 Year / Bachelors Degree in CS, EE, or with excellent
grades or equivalent experience
Minimum Years of Experience Description
2 experience developing state-of-the-art applications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Strong knowledge of C or C++ development
* Strong understanding of software algorithms, structures, and
* Proficiency with IP networking including TCP and UDP
* Excellent object-oriented design and analysis skills
* Experience developing high-quality, multi-threaded
* Positive attitude and team player
* Familiarity with routers or other network appliance
* Our engineers have access to highly confidential, sensitive
information relating to the employees and customers of Sorenson. It
is essential that applicant possess the requisite integrity to
maintain the information in strictest confidence.
* Bonus experience
* Experience with video encoding/decoding including H.264 and
* Experience with calling protocols including SIP and WebRTC
* Experience with video, voice, or text communication
* Experience with Git and GitHub
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard,
mouse, tools, and to handle other computer components
* Ability to sit at workstation for long periods of time completing
testing, documentation, or other assignments
* Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as
computers and peripherals
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
* Positive attitude, team player, good interpersonal communication
skills and able to work across company departments
This position has access to highly confidential, sensitive
information relating to the employees, customers, and technologies
of Sorenson Communications and CaptionCall. It is essential that
applicant possess the requisite integrity to maintain the
information in strictest confidence.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
CaptionCall and Sorenson Communications are an EOE, Disability/Age
Keywords: Sorenson, Salt Lake City , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!