Sr Software Engineer - MyBlock OPEN TO 100% REMOTE
Company: H&R Block
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
What You'll Do...
Build the possibilities.
We're growing our technology team and are searching for a Senior
Software Engineer to help us modernize our software architecture
and improve our customer experience within the virtual capabilities
of H&R Block on the MyBlock application team. The MyBlock team
supports the customer's authenticated portal and entry point into
the H&R Block virtual experiences and the team supports both a
client facing web and mobile application.
When you join us, you'll use your technical expertise to design,
develop, and maintain software components and products that support
H&R Block business applications and transform our technology.
You'll serve as the lead role for day-to-day functional tasks in
the team, developer support, and maintaining the development
environment. Ready to innovate and solve problems in new ways? Join
- Use tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to
develop new product features and maintain year over year product
functionality and enhancements
- Create and execute unit tests and addresses defects
- Work closely with the QA, UX and other related teams to ensure
consistent understanding of requirements and approach
- Assist in planning and implementation of a strategic direction
for the product
- Identify product design features to support scalability,
usability and better performance
- Assist and drive technical design and code reviews for all new
enhancements and maintenance work delivered by the development
- Understand complex business and functional requirements and
produce technical specifications and product requirements
- You'll also mentor and coach other team members on the latest
technological advances within the current technology used and
establish consistent best practices
What You'll Bring To The Team...
Should have the desire to explore the following opportunities:
- Develop highly visible web applications that are used by
millions of worldwide customers.
- Collaborate with global engineering teams to design and develop
complex systems using exciting technologies including .Net Core,
Asp.net Core, and Angular 8+.
- Mentor Junior developers and prioritize their growth and
- Participate in the full development lifecycle ranging from
concept, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and
- Maintain all aspects of an application including front-end,
backend, data integration, UI, and optimization.
- Iterate quickly in an Agile, CI/CD driven environment with
daily production releases with DevOps.
- Embrace ambitious and innovative concepts including
component-based architecture, micro-frontends, microservices, and
- Designing, building, and operating microservices in Azure.
- Utilizing Domain-Driven Design to design a microservices
- Performing Web API and enterprise-level developments.
- Conferring with the project team and customer about system
design and maintenance as well as to obtain information on project
scope, limitations, capabilities, requirements and project status
- Documenting modifications and enhancements made to the
applications as required by the project.
Exposure to the following tech stacks, working as a full stack
Software Engineer, is required with at least 3+ years experience in
- Experience as a Full-Stack Engineer using .Net
- Experience with back-end languages such as C#, ASP.NET MVC &
Web API, REST, and JSON.
- Experience with client-side technologies such as Angular 8+,
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.Work
- 5 years Minimum related work experience
It would be even better if you also had...
Azure and DevOps exposure:
- Experience using source control and code versioning tools,
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as
- Experience with Azure DevOps: building and maintaining CI/CD
Pipelines, blue/green deployments, creating NuGet packages, etc. is
recommended.Not a requirement, but even better if the candidate
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in Mobile app development in Android & iOS
- Exposure to Ionic Framework
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
Keywords: H&R Block, Salt Lake City , Sr Software Engineer - MyBlock OPEN TO 100% REMOTE, IT / Software / Systems , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!