80k+ Senior BI Developer
Company: Vaco Technology
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Great opportunity to join an amazing team! Job Summary and
QualificationsThis technically focused position will research &
locate data across various data sources in the enterprise, design,
disseminate, and publish highly complex ad hoc reports and
dashboards, support existing automated reports, and be part of
strategic initiatives as a Data Subject Matter expert. The Senior
BI Developer will collaborate with Business Users, Business
Analysts, Application Developers, and Project Managers in support
of various projects and tasks. Duties Include But Are Not Limited
- Participate in all aspects of the reporting development
lifecycle, including: requirements gathering, data research, report
development, QA testing, report deployment, and end-user
- Critical thinking - actively and skillfully conceptualizing,
applying, analyzing, synthesizing or evaluating information
gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience,
reflection, reasoning or communication as a guide to belief and
- Create reporting requirements and reporting mock-ups to provide
to the end user for approval
- Engage in a two-way dialogue with the end user to understand
what business problem they need to solve with reporting and to
identify what data can be leveraged to meet those needs.
- Develop strong relationships with reporting end users to
understand how they are using existing reports and what
enhancements are necessary to better support their needs.
- Flexible and willing to learn and apply new methods to insure
delivery of quality products.
- Generate and prepare reports, scorecards, and dashboards to
support business owners and team objectives.
- Build knowledge and assists in the execution of the appropriate
strategies, plans, tools and approaches to ensure the quality of
these highly complex reports and dashboards.Knowledge, Skills, and
- Extensive skill in formal programming languages (C#, ASP.net,
- Demonstrate learning agility by utilizing internal and external
training opportunities to cross train on Business Intelligence
tools such as: PowerBI and database platforms such as: MS SQL
Server & Teradata.
- Foundational understanding of database configuration and
integration concepts to provide end user support.
- Basic skills using business intelligence applications such as
- Advanced skills in standard reporting tools (SQL Server
Reports, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, NPR).
- Expert in MS Office ProductsEducation
- Bachelors in CIS degree or relevant experience is
- 5 Years of MS SQL development experience with solid
understanding of relational and multi-dimensional database systems
and designs required.
- Working knowledgeable of clinical data within a healthcare
system is plus.
- Experience in building end-user friendly reports and dashboards
in PowerBI or Tableau is highly desirable
- Experience with Scripting Languages such as PowerShell or
Windows Scripting is highly desirable.
- Experience in developing complex reports using complex MS T-SQL
- 5 Years of Experience with SQL Server is requiredJob
Keywords: Vaco Technology, Salt Lake City , 80k+ Senior BI Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!