Technical Support Engineer (Software as a Service)- Tier 3
Company: OpenGov Inc.
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission-driven fast-growth, Series D, venture-backed
startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson
Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley
executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc
Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people
in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local
governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,100+
governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission
to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022
America's Best Startup Employer!
About the Technical Support Engineer - Tier 3 role:
The Technical Support Engineer - Tier 3 will take ownership of
cases that have been triaged and elevated by Tier 2, utilize
advanced tools and product knowledge to work towards a resolution,
all while achieving high customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate
must be able to translate technical responses from Engineering into
a customer-friendly format when more information is needed or a
resolution has been provided. The Technical Support Engineer - Tier
3 will document and elevate customer-reported defects and
collaborate with Engineering and Product on hot fixes. This
position will assist in mentoring Tier 2 and work closely alongside
the Engineering, Product, Professional Services, and Customer
Success teams to solve advanced customers' cases.
We are looking for team members who demonstrate our Mission, Core
Values and have a High EQ.
OpenGov is the leader in providing our nation's state and local
governments with modern cloud-based software.
OpenGov -Mission:Powering a more effective and accountable
OpenGov -Core Values:--- We do what we say we'll do.--- We drive
for customer impact--- We have a passion for the mission
Technical Support Engineer - Tier 3 Responsibilities:
45% - Problem ManagementConduct advanced troubleshooting of
elevated cases from Tier 2 and utilize advanced analytical skills,
experience, and judgment to provide an explanation of root cause
and resolution. Test, replicate, and escalate blockers to
leadership or engineering development, working with the Engineering
and Product teams to determine a workaround or solution.
Utilize the service desk platform (ZenDesk) for case management by
providing adequate log notes, timely case updates, and work towards
Mean Time to Resolve (MTTR) goals for cases. Work with various
Technology Partners on troubleshooting upgrades, patches, and
hotfixes that impact the functionality of OpenGov suites. Partner
with Engineering and Product to test releases and perform
post-upgrade validations. 30% - Special ProjectsPerform assigned
projects that are required to meet corporate and department
objectives. Lead or participate in Hackathon Projects to improve
our products, processes, or customer experience. Create
documentation for new initiatives in the form of standard operating
procedures so support team members can utilize them once
15% - Knowledge ManagementAdd to the OpenGov Resource Center by
creating new knowledge content based on resolved cases. Contribute
to the existing knowledge base and support peer education and
efficiency through documenting repeatable processes. Provide
visibility around observed trends and delegate the creation of
draft articles to Tier 1 or Tier 2 team members to expand their
10% - Growth & DevelopmentDevelop the skills necessary to
troubleshoot a wide range of products and technologies using
standard procedures. Participate in scheduled training sessions to
learn internal and proprietary technologies. Utilize the OpenGov
education portal to expand your technology skills to improve case
resolution and for career advancement.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of Technical Support Center experience with SaaS
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Advanced technical aptitude to problem solve and understand
complicated problem statements
- Advanced proficiency with documenting cases by triaging,
responding, troubleshooting, and resolving
- Strong ability to collaborate and thrive within a team
- Proven ability to mentor and lead others to action on key
- Strong ability to learn new technologies and concepts
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Proven ability to de-escalate sensitive customer
- Advanced proficiency with utilizing various tools to further
troubleshoot application issues
- Advanced proficiency with a Service Desk platform (ZenDesk,
Service Cloud, SNOW, JSD, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with JIRA and Kanban boards
- Partnering with Engineering and Product on customer escalations
- Ability to lead meetings with multiple stakeholders and
documenting action items towards resolution
- Strong negotiation skills on key initiatives and can influence
all levels of the organization
- Proven experience with a Knowledge Management system and
creating knowledge articles
- Strong understanding of ITIL Service Management best practices
with an emphasis on Incident Management, Problem Management, Change
Management, and Release Management
- Serve in an on-call rotation for after-hours emergency
What makes OpenGov unique
- Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale)
is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most
Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times' 40
under 40 class of 2018!
- Funding: $200 million, Series D company, from top tier investors
including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, and Emerson Collective. Click
here to read more about our latest round of funding!
- Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers
(former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's
list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine
August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy
Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member
- Growth: Double growth with 1,000+ governments (and counting)
using our products!
- Culture: Winner of 2021 Top Workplaces USA award, Forbes 2021
Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our
- Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees,
fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited
PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary
awards, and more!
- Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (six consecutive years), we are
the leader in cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties,
and state agencies.
- Mission Driven: We are a technology company helping out our
communities, cities, and states. We're powering more effective and
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: OpenGov Inc., Salt Lake City , Technical Support Engineer (Software as a Service)- Tier 3, IT / Software / Systems , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!