Sr. Software Engineer, Data Platform
Company: Genesys Cloud Services, Inc.
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: August 6, 2022
The Genesys Cloud Analytics platform is the foundation on which
decisions are made that directly impact our customer's experience
as well as their customers' experiences. We are a data-driven
company, handling tens of millions of events per day to answer
questions for both our customers and the business. From new
features to enable other development teams, to measuring
performance across our customer-base, to offering insights directly
to our end-users, we use our terabytes of data to move customer
In this role, you'll partner with software engineers, product
managers, and data scientists to build and support a variety of
analytical big data products. The best person will have a strong
engineering background, not shy from the unknown, and will be able
to articulate vague requirements into something real. We are a team
whose focus is to operationalize big data products and curate
high-value datasets for the wider organization as well as to build
tools and services to expand the scope of and improve the
reliability of the data platform as our usage continues to grow on
a daily basis.
- Develop and deploy highly-available, fault-tolerant software
that will help drive improvements towards the features,
reliability, performance, and efficiency of the Genesys Cloud
- Actively review code, mentor, and provide peer feedback.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to identify and resolve pain
points as well as evangelize best practices.
- Partner with various teams to transform concepts into
requirements and requirements into services and tools.
- Engineer efficient, adaptable and scalable architecture for all
stages of data lifecycle (ingest, streaming, structured and
unstructured storage, search, aggregation) in support of a variety
of data applications.
- Build abstractions and re-usable developer tooling to allow
other engineers to quickly build streaming/batch self-service
- Build, deploy, maintain, and automate large global deployments
- Troubleshoot production issues and come up with solutions as
This may be the perfect job for you if:
- You have a strong engineering background with ability to design
software systems from the ground up.
- You have expertise in Java, Python or similar programming
- You have experience in web-scale data and large-scale
distributed systems, ideally on cloud infrastructure.
- You have a product mindset. You are energized by building
things that will be heavily used.
- You have familiarity with AWS or other Cloud technologies.
- You have engineered scalable software using big data
technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto, Elasticsearch,
- You have some experience building data pipelines (real-time or
batch) on large complex datasets.
- You have managed and supported ETL pipeline infrastructure.
- You have monitored and improved ETL pipeline performance.
- You design not just with a mind for solving a problem, but also
with maintainability, testability, monitorability, and automation
as top concerns.
Technologies we use and practices we hold dear:
- Right tool for the right job over
- We pick the language and frameworks best suited for specific
problems. This usually translates to Java for developing services
and applications and Python for tooling.
- Packer and ansible for immutable machine images.
- AWS for cloud infrastructure.
- Infrastructure (and everything, really) as code.
- Automation for everything. CI/CD, testing, scaling, healing,
- Hadoop and Spark on EMR for batch processing.
- Airflow for orchestration.
- DynamoDB and S3 for query and storage.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Telehealth coverage
- Flexible work schedules and work from home opportunities
- Development and career growth opportunities
- Open Time Off
- 401(k) matching program
- Adoption Assistance
- Infertility treatments
See more Genesys benefits information at
Keywords: Genesys Cloud Services, Inc., Salt Lake City , Sr. Software Engineer, Data Platform, IT / Software / Systems , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!