Sr. Market & Technology Consultant
Company: Aesculap Implant Systems
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Aesculap Implant Systems
Requisition ID 28Company Aesculap Implant Systems# of Openings 1Job Locations US-UT-Salt Lake CityUS-MO-Kansas CityUS-MN-MinneapolisUS-MO-St. LouisUS-CO-DenverCategory ClinicalPosition Type Regular Full-TimeShift 8am to 5pmSite Overview
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients' lives.
The Sr. Market & Technology Liaison is responsible for the implementation of focused tactical initiatives at the area level to help improve the customer experience and drive profitable Spine Division growth. Through the focused execution of critical tactics, as they relate to new product introductions and ongoing Market Access objectives for the Spine Division portfolio, the Sr. Market and Clinical Liaison serves as a critical link between the various stakeholders in the market awareness and sales cycle process.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Ensures area implementation of marketing messaging and programs to align around Spine Division strategic objectives.
- Targets and calls on potential and existing spine surgeon customers within a defined sales area.
- Develops meaningful relationships with surgeons, and other appropriate personnel within the spine product environment.
- Works with the Regional Sales Director/District Sales Manager to develop and execute strategic area business plans and is accountable for area sales success.
- Delivers clinical, scientific and value proposition messaging to key surgeon, facility and sales representative stakeholders.
- Supports the Reimbursement and Payer Relations efforts by calling on and educating critical surgeon billing and office staff.
- Provides support and project management around co-marketing initiatives as directed by marketing.
- Provides remote and onsite clinical case support for key portfolio products.
- Closes and secures sales opportunities through the clinical support of spine cases.
- Reports voice of customer feedback to marketing on messaging, instrumentation, competitive intelligence and other customer needs as they arise and on a weekly basis.
- Support the vetting of alpha and beta sites for new product introductions, attends and supports initial evaluations.
- Helps facilitate and improve the customer experience as it relates to set reliability, technical support and other needs as they arise.
- Supports the in-field sales training needs as they arise regionally and may support Spine 102 as needed.
- Spends approximately 60% of work time in a hospital setting.
- Responds to customer needs, requirements and problems in accordance with Company policy, and acts as liaison between customer, in-house departments, and regional sales management.
- Maintains account records and report activities and submits as required by the company.
- Attends company regional/national meetings, trade shows and workshops.
- Assists Marketing in the marketing collaterals with new product launches.
- Assists Marketing in the development of surgical technique collaterals with new product launches.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual.
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- Must be able to travel domestically (80%) and internationally by air and car, and work occasional weekends. Must possess a valid government issued driver's license and passport.
- Requires excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have good leadership, organizational, planning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Computer skills in Windows, Excel, Power Point & Word desirable.
- This position requires the handling of instruments that may have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees. Contribute to creating a climate of trust, ethics, and accountability by effectively seeking out and accepting feedback from others.
- Possess the ability to exceed expectations with the customer in mind and take responsibility for driving key results as well as empower others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrate behaviors that drive efficiency by understanding and improving processes as well as sharing best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or RN strongly preferred; desired certifications in clinical or training.
- Must have previous successful sales experience in the OR.
- Surgical Technologist experience preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 8- 10 years previous experience in the operating room or similar clinical environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise--" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect date, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position could require the handling of instruments that may or may not have been contaminated by blood or other body fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: Aesculap Implant Systems, Salt Lake City , Sr. Market & Technology Consultant, IT / Software / Systems , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!