Company: First American
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a
member of First American's family of companies, National Commercial
Services provides single-point service for simple to
multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate
transactions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an
unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what
they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an
environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be
innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive,
people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades,
including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For
- list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a
best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and
have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work
lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to
work, for all. For more information, please visit
www.careers.firstam.com.Job SummaryProvides underwriting support
and expertise to company personnel, agents, and customer(s),
related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments
and policies. Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines within
delegated authority limits, to underwrite the issuance of title
insurance and provide guidance in the performance of real estate
settlement services.Essential Functions
- Provides underwriting support, counsel, and authorization to
company personnel, agents, and customer(s), related to the issuance
of real estate title insurance commitments and policies.
- Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated
authority limits, to underwrite the issuance of title
- Provides guidance to company personnel in the performance of
real estate settlement services.
- Issues underwriting standards and guidelines in accordance with
established company processes.Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong understanding of fundamental concepts, practices and
procedures of real estate title and settlement process.
- General knowledge of Federal and State regulations related to
real estate title insurance and settlement services.
- General understanding of underwriting real estate transactions
for the issuance of title insurance policies.
- Ability to collaborate and act decisively.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task,
prioritize and timely follow up.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Requires abstract thinking and creative solutions.Typical
- Law Degree required
- Admitted to practice in state of employment.Typical Range of
- 5-7 years title underwriting experience.
- Must be familiar with real estate law.License or Certification
- Licensed to practice law, in good standingFirst American
invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them
to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve
the communities where they live and work. First American is
committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity
employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee
stock purchase plan.
Keywords: First American, Salt Lake City , Underwriting Counsel, Legal , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!