Accounts Payable Specialist
Company: Revere Health
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Accounts Payable SpecialistLocation:ProvoJob Code:4089of
Openings:1DescriptionAbout Revere HealthAt Revere Health, we value
the health of our patients above all else. As the largest
independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare
system gives patients the best in communication, quality,
coordination and innovation. Founded in 1969 in Provo, Utah, Revere
Health has grown to include 30 medical specialties in over 100
locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.As the first
Accountable Care Organization (ACO) accredited by Medicare in Utah,
and the only Next Generation ACO in the state, Revere Health offers
a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to
keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in
quality healthcare.We are passionate about what we do, and we have
fun in the process. We know that our success can only be attributed
to the efforts of our hard-working staff members, which is why we
offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and promote
from within. There are always opportunities for both personal and
professional development. We encourage open communication and an
enjoyable workplace.Lets Live BetterAbout The PositionWe are
seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist to join our busy
Finance Team! This position will be responsible for calculating,
verifying, processing, posting, and maintaining data and payments
to accounts payable. Processes account payable checks and
disbursements.Essential Job Responsibilities
- Develop, implements and maintains accounts receivables
processes and systems and provides training to those in the
procurement to pay cycle.
- Works with those in the procurement to pay cycle to simplify
and standardize processes, systems, forms, policies, and procedures
related to processing accounts payable.
- Responsible for the appropriate internal controls relating to
accounts payables and bringing problem areas to the attention of
- Prioritizes and plans work flow to maximize the efficient use
of time and to ensure the timely payment of all company
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness by identifying and
resolving problems in a timely manner.
- Reviews payment requests for evidence that goods and services
were received, for proper authorization and for accurate and
- Processes on demand checks in accordance with clinic
- Prepares and processes payments by check or ACH payment.
Distributes checks or other payment advice.
- Assists in posting information to the general ledger.
- Files reports, invoices, etc.
- Answers vendor and department inquiries as they relate to
- Updates and maintains accounts payable database and files.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as requested by CFO.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Ensures W-9s are filled out by all independent contractors.
Prepares and files 1099s at year end.
- Assists with special projects as needed.Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Related college degree strongly preferred with 2+ years direct
experience in accounting and/or the accounts payable function.
- Experience using computer-based accounts payable and accounting
- Experience with Great Plains / Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Ability to apply basic accounting including the use of a chart
of accounts, verification of account coding, correcting journal
entries, cost allocations, etc.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed
- Requires highest degree of honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers as a team
- Ability to work responsibly in a high-pressure, high-demand
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and fortitude to say no
- 10-key by touch and typing of at least 50 wpm
Keywords: Revere Health, Salt Lake City , Accounts Payable Specialist, Other , Provo, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!