Senior Area-Transmission Planner II - Salt Lake City, Utah
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Senior Area-Transmission Planner II - Salt Lake City, Utah -
104673 PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow
and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service
excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and
inclusion.-- General Purpose Contributes to planning and
implementation of transmission projects necessary to ensure that
the transmission system continues to reliably and efficiently
accommodate customer needs. Utilizes engineering methods to
demonstrate compliance with NERC/WECC Reliability Standards.
Develops engineering studies, plans, specifications, calculations,
evaluations, design documents, and performance assessments
associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction,
operation, and maintenance of the Company's generation,
transmission facilities/systems. Responsibilities
- Design, develop, modify, and evaluate main grid transmission
systems, processes, or facilities to support Company objectives,
utilizing engineering methods to demonstrate compliance with
NERC/WECC reliability standards.
- Develop highly complex engineering studies, plans,
specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, and
performance assessments to the main grid.
- Act as a lead expert in the work group; train and mentor
associate and career level planners, engineers, technicians and
- Determine methods and techniques for obtaining results.
- Recommend alternative engineering solutions to management to
meet business needs.--
- Deliver on commitments and manage outside engineering services
to accomplish the assigned work.--
- Maintain project timeliness and budgets.
- Participate in the development of new WECC/NERC standards to
influence the successful implementation of clear/concise standards
that support improved reliability for the electric system.
- Coordinate with neighboring utilities on planning studies for
interconnected transmission and generation facilities.
- Prepare the annual screening studies for NERC
- Perform main grid power flow stability studies.-- Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- A--minimum of eight or more years of directly related
experience in transmission modeling, transmission system
engineering and/or transmission system planning.
- Advanced technical degree or professional engineer (PE)
- Project management and leadership skills including the ability
to work as a team member, to maintain project timelines, budgets,
and deliver on commitments.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local laws,
regulations, the National Electric Codes, and NERC and WECC
- Ability to perform effectively in high-pressure situations
while maintaining focus and calm.
- Demonstrated communication (written, verbal and presentation)
and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work
cross-functionally to understand requirements, present
alternatives, and recommendations.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers including
automated tools and software applications including power flow and
dynamic analysis, data base management (PI), Visio, Microsoft
Office Suite including Access, and use of EMS or SCADA. Preferences
- Power Option (particularly Power System Analysis) Additional
Information Req ID: 104673--
Company Code: PacifiCorp
Primary Location: Salt Lake City--
Department: Pacific Power--
Schedule: No Selection--
Personnel Subarea: EXEMPT--
Hiring Range: 108,200.00 -127,300.00-- Employees must be able to
perform the essential functions of the position with or without an
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace
diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees.
We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to
the organization and enables all individuals to participate and
contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp's policy to provide and promote equal employment
opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with
local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel
activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is
committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national
origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check and drug screening.
Keywords: PacifiCorp--, Salt Lake City , Senior Area-Transmission Planner II - Salt Lake City, Utah, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!