Company: Utah Transit Authority
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Generally maintains and makes repairs to the company's buildings,
equipment, machinery, and grounds. Uses various skilled trades
(i.e. electrical, HVAC, hydraulic, mechanical, construction, etc.)
to repair, build, or remodel new physical structures. Some basic
plumbing work. Installs support equipment to physical structures,
machinery or system infrastructures. Performs necessary preventive
maintenance and general maintenance of all physical facilities and
associated support equipment. Completes daily work orders. Uses
required hand and power tools and equipment; operates company
vehicles, trucks, vans, forklifts, lifting equipment, backhoes,
snow removal equipment, tows trailers that require a CDL and
various other equipment. Performs snow and ice removal at various
times, day or night. Some overtime may be required.
* All UTA Facilities Journeyist can enjoy a $1,000 Hiring
Incentive. Ask for details!*
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Three years of supervised work experience in one or more of the
following areasFacilities Maintenance at the Journeyist Level;
* Electrical at the Master or Journeyist level; or
* HVAC/Refrigeration installation/Repair/Trouble shooting at the
* Graduation from a UTA approved program that produces a
Diploma/Certificate of Completion in HVAC/Refrigeration; North
American Technician Excellence (NATE) certification preferred, OR
completed an apprenticeship program and obtained an Electricians
Utah State License
* Must pass a qualifying exam.
* Must own complete set of standard hand tools, for either
electrician, HVAC technician, or Plumber by the 91st shift as
listed on Class A / Journeyist tool list.
* Must be able to pass required DOT card
* Must be able to obtain a Class "A" CDL driver's license by the
end of probationary period.
* Must have a valid Utah driver's license.
* Be a safe driver with no more than 2 moving violations in the
past 3 years.
* Cannot have any violations of driving under the influence of
alcohol, any drug, or the combined influence of any alcohol or any
drug within the last 10 years.
* Must be able to work some overtime and holidays as needed.
* Must be proficient at a basic level in Microsoft Word, Excel, and
* Must interview for position unless considered a lateral transfer
within the Facilities Maintenance department.
To qualify, must be skilled in one or more of the following
* Electricians must be skilled in troubleshooting, installing and
repairing industrial electrical 3 phase and single phase motor
controls (i.e., hydraulic motors, compressors, pumps, fueling
equipment, etc.) as well as other general building electrical
* Refrigeration/HVAC Journeyist must be skilled in troubleshooting,
repairing, and installing refrigeration equipment that uses R-410A
and R-22 refrigerant, forced air natural gas systems heating
systems, and boiler heating systems, in a multi-zone HVAC
* Familiarity with the working application and safe use of all
power tools and instruments used in facilities maintenance for
troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
* Maintenance and repair of hydraulic / pneumatic systems, as well
as other related equipment utilized in an industrial building and
bus repair facility preferred.
* Working knowledge of welding, brazing and soldering
* This job requires regular and predictable attendance.
* OR -
An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
[UTA reserves the right to determine the equivalencies of education
Shift: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm with Friday/Saturday OR Sunday/Monday
* Shift & Days Off Subject to Change
Pay Rate: $31.14 per hour
Close Date: February 5, 2021 by 5:59pm
Keywords: Utah Transit Authority, Salt Lake City , Electrical Journeyman, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!