ServiceNow CMDB Support Engineer
Company: Zions Bancorporation
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Zions Bancorporation's Enterprise Technology and Operations
(ETO) team is transforming what it means to work for a financial
institution. We operate in a fast-paced, information-driven
environment, which means we need people who bring diverse
experiences, perspectives, and expertise to meet the ever-changing
demands of a technology-driven world. We are grounded in the belief
that "improving the work is the work" as we drive to create simple,
easy, and fast solutions for our customers. Your ability to adapt,
learn, and innovate helps increase revenue, reduce operational
costs, and mitigates risk.ETO provides opportunities for you to own
your career growth through Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women
in Technology, and Workforce of the Future initiatives that allow
you to network across the organization, volunteer in our community,
and build your technical and soft skills. Together we are building
a culture that values diversity and creates a space of belonging
for all our team members. We believe that investing in your success
is an investment in our customers and our business. Our people are
what sets us apart and make us great.Zions Bancorporation is
currently seeking an experienced ServiceNow Engineer with strong
knowledge of CMDB and Discovery. Must have the ability to manage
and control the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and ensure
the accuracy of configuration data and proper reporting. Will also
work with a diverse team to develop and maintain applications such
as VR, SIR, HAM, SAM, ITSM, AOM, as well as creating custom
applications. This role is fast paced and will provide the
opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects on the highly
visible ServiceNow Platform team. This is part of a
multi-million-dollar effort to modernize Zions' core systems,
placing Zions at the forefront of modern banking systems.The ideal
candidate for this position will have the skills and experience
- Ensure the integration and support of the Configuration
Management process to the other ITIL processes such as Incident,
Problem, Change, Release.
- Plan, manage and control the Configuration Management Database
(CMDB) to ensure the accuracy of configuration data and proper
reporting and status accounting
- Work with various stakeholders and CI data owners to ensure the
quality of the CMDB data is maintained and all Configuration Items
- Continuous improvements for the automation and maintenance of
non-discoverable data attributes including integration of other
asset management systems as required
- Conduct data quality analysis, provide recommendations to
address data quality issues, and manage the implementation of
- Manage Configuration Item review attestations to ensure
accuracy and completeness of undiscoverable configuration items
maintained within the CMDB
- Participate in the planning, designing and implementing of the
Service Model in CMDB to ensure visibility across the
- Manage and define Configuration Management exception criteria,
tracking, reporting and workflows.
- Document business requirements, workflows, use cases,
functional requirements, test plans, test cases, and data mappings
for new enhancements or modifications to CMDB functionality
- Develop training guides and communications regarding new
features and functionality
- Responsible for conducting formal and informal training
sessions with business and technical end users
- Build reports for data verification requests.
- Document and annotate scripts, process flows, update sets, and
other workflows associated with ServiceNow development.
- Work with project team and analysts to document and/or review
project requirements, implementation plans, and test plans with the
ability to work in both a waterfall and agile project methodology
- Attend scheduled meetings with customers, analysts, project
managers, developers, and teams members.
- Consult with groups outside of the ServiceNow development team
that would like to use or integrate with ServiceNow CMDB.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Information Technology,
Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 4 years' ServiceNow experience with a focus on IT Service
- 2 years' experience with the ServiceNow CMDB and how it
supports other ITSM processes (e.g.: Incident, Problem, Change, and
- Proficient in Java script, Angular JS, or other related
languages and libraries, Python, PowerShell, integrations with
webservices (SOAP and REST), and comfortable with API usage.
- Works well in a team environment and is comfortable with an
extremely fast pace, switching priorities, and multitasking.
- Proficient in literary skills for professional emails and
- Expert analysis, trouble shooting, technical and non-technical
communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have advanced organizational, project management and
client interfacing skills.Pay Range: $95,000 - $120,000 Associated
topics: civil, department of transportation, draw, function, land,
remedial, road, roadway, soil mechanic, transportation
Keywords: Zions Bancorporation, Salt Lake City , ServiceNow CMDB Support Engineer, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!