Vice President, District Business Development - ( 2103183 )
We are the world's learning company with more than 21,000
employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class
educational content and assessment, powered by services and
technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized
learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes, so
The Vice President, District Business Development, is an
exciting opportunity for a motivated district sales leader to
provide leadership and strategic vision for Pearson School
Assessments growth market.
The VP is responsible for growing Pearson's School Assessment
Business. The VP is responsible for setting the district sales
strategy, developing district consumer relationships, creating new
leads,tracking opportunities that are most advantageous for
Pearson, and executing contracts that meet or exceed revenue and
operating income expectations.
The VP, District Business Development reports to the Senior Vice
President, Sales & Contract Management, in Pearson's School
Assessment business. This individual will successfully provide
relationship management, contract retention, and grow the School
Assessment Business with existing accounts and new business
targets. Additionally, the VP, District Business Development , will
build relationships with external partners to increase revenue
opportunities for Pearson and help develop new innovative customer
New Business Development
* Define and manage the District Strategy
* Identify new business opportunities in the educational
* Establish relationships with key decision makers.
* Collaborate with marketing to launch new marketing campaigns
that position Pearson School Assessment and establishes market
* Work closely with the delivery pre-sales and post-contract
* Assist customers with the development or modification of
legislative language, as requested.
* Work closely with prospects to develop proposals for the
benefit of the customer and Pearson.
* Negotiate the contract with new accounts.
* Attend industry conferences or trade shows, as assigned, to
gather valuable information for business development.
District Account Management
* Oversee District Sales staff and establish sales operations
* Establish and maintain relationships with client personnel
through formal and informal interactions.
* Identify new or additional services that will benefit clients
and increase account revenue and profitability.
* Work with Pearson functional personnel to qualify business
opportunities and, when appropriate, develop and submit proposals
to the customer.
Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position
can expect a starting salary $135k, and are eligible to participate
in a bonus plan. Benefits available to eligible employees can be
seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/Pearson is an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of
E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women,
protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are
encouraged to apply.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in an education or business-related field,
* 10 years directing large-scale assessment programs
* Knowledgeable of educational testing business.
* Demonstrated understanding of the relationship between sales
and marketing, business operations, program management, and
* Proven technical writing and presentation skills.
* Proven ability to help education clients develop new methods
for meeting assessment goals.
* Experience managing customer relationships.
* Ability to listen, process information and develop an action
* Persuasive and influential communication skills.
* Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
* Effective priority setting skills.
* Creativity and flexibility.
* Willingness to travel up to 50% (once COVID restrictions are
Primary Location : US-RE-Remote
Work Locations :
Job : Sales
Organization : Assessments School
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Executive
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Posting : May 5, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2103183