Digital Strategist, KSTU
Company: The E.W. Scripps Company
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are currently seeking a high-energy, multi-tasking Digital
Strategist to join our team at KSTU in Salt Lake City.
The Digital Strategist (DS) will have responsibility to drive
revenue growth by providing expert product knowledge, creating
custom campaign presentations, and providing sales expertise and
campaign strategy/guidance to a team of Account Executives and
their respective clients. This is a market-based, client-facing
role working under the guidance of the Director of Sales.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide guidance, participate in product training for
designated products which include but are not limited to:
Display/Video/Social, Targeted Network Display/Pre-roll, Facebook,
AdWords, SEO, OTT/CTV solutions, email, and contesting.
- Make 4 legged sales calls to consistently achieve digital
market revenue goals by increasing digital campaigns with new and
- Provide campaign guidance to Account Executives; develop
strategy, help create presentations, establish KPIs, provide
pacing, assist in the close of the sale, provide optimization and
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with account executives to review
pacing, spending, etc..
- Knowledge of competitive landscape and monitors market trends
and industries to identify new opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent
- Three (3) to five (5) years sales experience, closing business
and managing clients.
- Prefer experience in a sales leadership, advisory, or
- Experience in creating and successfully executing multi-faceted
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, AdWords, DFP, Facebook
- Strong analytical skills and data driven thinking.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented, highly
accountable sales environment
- Must have proven prospecting and closing capabilities.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Full understanding of entire digital portfolio of products
- Successfully sell designated digital products
- Ability to craft solutions quickly based on needs
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, interpersonal and
- Ability to develop campaigns, communicate effectiveness and
make recommendations that result in effective advertiser
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics
to develop creative sales solutions
- Ability to generate reports, business correspondence, and
deliver internal and/or client-facing presentations
- Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively
respond to questions from managers, colleagues and customers.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures related to
advertising rates, discounts, packages, ad sizes, commissions and
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook),
Google Sheets/Docs/Slides and other programs such as customer
relations software (WideOrbit, AdBook)
- Must have good organizational skills and ability to meet
SCRIPPS' COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture
that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about
creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other
stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential
and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that
embraces each person's diversity, including the extent to which
they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an
equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do,
it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to
equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media
company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the
nation's fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves
communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a
portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach
nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV
and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff
and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation's largest holder of
broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative
reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward
of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has
held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find
their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps
Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment
decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation,
transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic
information, medical condition, disability, marital status,
citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran
status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any
applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company
will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
hardship for the company.
Keywords: The E.W. Scripps Company, Salt Lake City , Digital Strategist, KSTU, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!