Company: Soelberg's Market
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Meat Clerk is responsible for providing a high level of
customer service and practicing safe food handling procedures. This
position receives, stores, and grinds meats; unloads and transports
fresh, cured and boxed meats and poultry from delivery truck;
counts and weighs incoming articles and compares results against
invoice; and examines meats in storage and rotates meats to avoid
Essential Job Functions
- Provides a high level of prompt and friendly customer service;
assists customers with questions, and special orders and
- Maintains a positive work environment.
- Properly wraps, scales and labels product.
- Maintains strict adherence to Company recipes.
- Assists in unloading and stocking merchandise; displays and
maintains in-stock conditions.
- Has knowledge of weekly ad items; gives customers direction of
product location throughout the store.
- Cleans and sanitizes work area (including tables, floor, walls,
cases, cooler, freezer, etc.); assists in maintaining all equipment
in safe working condition.
- Follows all safety, health and Weights and Measures
regulations; monitors temperatures within cooler, freezer and cases
on a regular basis.
- Rotates product and pays particular attention to code dates;
maintains fresh and appealing appearance throughout the
- Maintains excellent communication with store management team
and front end at all times; assists Meat Manager as needed.
- General housekeeping in the department.
- Assists with shelf stocking, facing and dusting as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Reliable and dependable; ability to follow direction.
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Strong communication skills; outgoing and friendly
- Ability to perform repetitious activities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and stay organized.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude are
essential to interact with customers and employees.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Requires standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Repetitive arm and hand movements; manual dexterity to wrap,
package and stock product; grabbing up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to lift and carry product weighing up to 90 lbs.;
push/pull up to 85 lbs. and utilize a pallet jack to move product
weighing up to 500 lbs.
- Exposure to extreme temperature changes.
- Requires vision to work with sharp instruments such as knives,
band saw, grinder, box cutter and other equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this
work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, and requirements. Soelberg's management reserves
the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and
requirements to meet business and organizational needs as
Keywords: Soelberg's Market, Salt Lake City , Meat Clerk, Other , Grantsville, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!