About The Company
A division of Utah Retirement Systems, PEHP is a non-profit
trust with the vital job of providing health benefits to Utah's
public employees and their families.
We are actively recruiting for this position. Interviews will be
Develops and maintains all features of IBM Sterling Integrator
(SI) including documentation of mapping, automation, and electronic
commerce infrastructure. Performs a variety of professional and
complex technical duties as needed to maintain day to day
operations of EDI and electronic commerce transactions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Develops complex business processes, both standards based and
xml. Reviews product trends and release notes. Documents and trains
production staff on impact of upgrades, patches, or version changes
to IBM SI or other EDI and Enterprise Application Integration (EAI)
software. Develops error handling, archival and retrieval methods
along with appropriate documentation to department staff. Assures
security for EAI for both internal and external trading partners.
Automates business processes. Maintains and insures integrity of
EDI production systems. Designs and develops test environment.
Provides timely and relevant information to management with regards
to project status including development, testing and implementation
timelines. Creates job requests and communicates requirements for
project tracking to EDI Manager or other Project Management staff.
Attends classes, seminars or workshops as required by manager to
advance capabilities necessary to expedite EDI/EC department
initiatives. Maintains strict confidentiality. Performs other
related duties as required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, or other related field, and
seven (7) years of information technology experience including five
(5) years of experience in EDI, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
Shell scripting and XML/XPath experience required.
Experience in Healthcare EDI preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This list contains knowledge, skills, and abilities that are
typically associated with the job. It is not all-inclusive and may
vary from position to position:
Required technical skills include:
- Moderate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with extensive
knowledge of Excel.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial EDI translators.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise application integration
software, network functionality, and database concepts.
- Extensive knowledge of telecommunication and security protocols
as well as digital certificates.
- Thorough knowledge of electronic data interchange
implementation and system design concepts, ANSI X12N standards,
methods and standards for project design and control and database
- Extensive knowledge of data communication (telecommunications)
concepts and data transmission modes such as FTP, HTTPS, SOAP,
- Extensive knowledge of shell scripting and XML/XPath.
- Expert in the design, development, and on-going support of IBM
SI Business Processes and Translation Maps.
Required mathematical skills include working knowledge of:
- Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Percentages and fractions for creating test environments, load
testing, and creating usage reports.
- Calculating volumes of transactions spread over months, days,
hours, and minutes.
Must possess excellent communication skills:
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures or regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
- Document processes created.
- Present information and respond to questions from groups of
technical managers and cross train EDI staff.
- Interpersonal communication and negotiation skills and
- Draft technical reports and documents needed to analyze a
variety of EDI issues or problems and communicate effectively
verbally and in writing for negotiation and resolution.
Must have the ability to:
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Prioritize work.
- Perform within deadlines.
- Work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Multi-task by handling a variety of duties in a timely and
- Follow through with assignments.
- Deal effectively with stress caused by workload and time
The incumbent must always demonstrate judgment, high integrity,
and personal values consistent with the values of URS.
Incumbent performs in a typical office setting with appropriate
climate controls. Tasks require a variety of physical activities
which do not generally involve muscular strain, but do require
activities related to walking, standing, stooping, sitting,
reaching, talking, hearing, and seeing. Common eye, hand, finger
dexterity required to perform essential functions.
Position requires occasional travel for office business.
Individual must be physically capable of safely operating a
vehicle, possess a valid driver's license, and have an acceptable
driving record based upon data provided by a current Department of
Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).