Posting Dates: 06/07/2021 - 06/28/2021
Job Family: Administrative
Department: Church History Department
HRD employees are builders of capability within the Lord's
talent storehouse who hasten the cause of the Master by drawing,
enabling, and improving talent and by shaping the Church's work
environment, which allows employees to give their best to the Lord.
Performs administrative duties for a work group, department/area,
manager or director. Prepares documents, reports, charts, and
graphs. Maintains and updates calendars. Schedules and/or
coordinates meetings. Makes travel arrangements. Creates and/or
maintains filing systems. Reviews and distributes mail. Collects
data and compiles information. Answers telephone and responds to
routine calls/inquiries. Prepares correspondence. May perform data
entry activities. (It is expected that all competent assistants
will reach this level)
The Church History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter-day Saints is looking for an energetic, organized
professional to fill the role of Administrative Assistant II.
This position provides support to directors and senior level
leaders in the Church History Department. Responsibilities of this
position include interaction with internal and external partners.
This position has the responsibility of coordinating calendars,
tracking and following up on action items, screening mail and phone
calls, preparing reports and correspondence, operating video
conferencing equipment, organizing large meetings, preparing and
publishing agendas and minutes, making arrangements for events and
travel, onboarding and offboarding employees, creating and
maintaining filing systems, and responding to inquiries. Other
duties as assigned that may be specifically related to the
workgroup including tracking expenditures, researching information,
ordering supplies, reviewing and submitting invoices, updating
databases, and so on.
Flexibility and the ability to prioritize changing requirements
to meet urgent requests are required to be successful. Applying
candidates must be able to work well under pressure and complete
assignments with short notice.
- 3 years' experience in secretarial or related work supporting
senior managers or executives
- Reliability and occupational maturity
- Professional demeanor and excellent communication skills, both
verbal and written
- Attention to detail, organization, and follow through
- Ability to establish priorities, problem solve, and make
decisions quickly and effectively without direction
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate strong time management
- Demonstrate job flexibility and good team orientation
- Ability to work fast and efficiently while maintaining a calm
- Ability to work full-time, 40 hours per week
- Technical knowledge of phones, e-mail, scheduling, databases,
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs,
including OneDrive, OneNote, and Outlook.
- Ability to type 65 words per minute or faster
- The ability to respect sensitive and confidential
- The individual may be required to have a moderate to high level
of understanding of Church policies and procedures.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day
Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at