Termite Technician Trainee
Company: Terminix International, Inc
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
For more than 85 years, Terminix has built a reputation as one
of the nation's leading providers of termite and pest control
services, safeguarding over 3 million homes and businesses against
all types of pests in 47 states and 14 countries.
What is this role about?
Our Termite Control Technicians serve in a key front-line role
and are the very heart of what we do. It's all about providing
outstanding service delivery of Terminix products to valued
What does a "Day-in-the-Life" look like?
Equipped with a company vehicle and excellent industry training,
our Termite Techs are out in the neighborhoods Terminix serves
visiting residential customers and performing requested termite
treatments. Here are a few specifics of what you would be doing
- Verifying that job specifications are appropriate for each work
- Preparing the job site for treatment
- Applying anti-terminate treatments to structures according to
schedule, safety procedures and label instructions.
- Interacting with customers and explaining services
- Completing production forms documenting services provided
What do I need to be successful?
- Being a high school graduate/having a GED and a valid driver's
license are both requirements
- Prior industry experience is great, but not required. The
following are much more important
- You are personable and enjoy interacting with customers
- You are self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- You can effectively present information to customers one-on-one
and in small groups
- You are detailed oriented and understand the importance of
- You have a good aptitude for basic math-- necessary for doing
calculations related to service
- Of course, given our business, you should be comfortable
working outside and in confined spaces like crawl spaces and
- For safety reasons (rebreathers have be able to seal to your
face) our Termite Techs aren't able to have facial hair
Why should I choose Terminix?
In addition to being part of an iconic brand with a rich 85 year
history, here are some other highlights of what we offer members of
the Terminix Team.
- Comprehensive training and licensure, all paid by the
- Highly competitive compensation - earning potential of
$30,000-50,000 in first year.
- Company provided vehicle (that you can take home with you at
night) and gas card
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth - including
paths into management level roles
- Medical, dental and vision coverage + discounts on Terminix
- Short/long-term Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid time off
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of the work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification; they are not an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Terminix companies are proud to be EOE.
California residents click here to review your privacy rights. [
Link Removed ]
Keywords: Terminix International, Inc, Salt Lake City , Termite Technician Trainee, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!