Part-Time Phlebotomist - (6 months PAID experience or Certification Required)
Company: University of Utah Medical Group
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
As a patient-focused organization, University of Utah Health
exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through
patient care, research and education. Success in this mission
requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and
respect. University of Utah Health seeks staff that are committed
to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation,
responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are
integral to our mission. EO/AA
This position collects, and prepares specimens for the
laboratory, and maintains accurate medical records of specimens at
multiple draw sites.
Corporate Overview: The University of Utah is a Level 1 Trauma
Center and is nationally ranked and recognized for our academic
research, quality standards and overall patient experience. Our
four hospitals and seventeen clinics provide excellence in our
comprehensive services, medical advancement, and overall patient
- Obtains blood specimens by established venipuncture and
- Obtains specimens performing cheek swab technique.
- Labels samples, sends specimens to the laboratory for analysis,
and completes essential records.
- Maintains record of tests performed and samples taken.
- Enters and retrieves computer data.
- Delivers samples to off-site draw locations and
- May perform special tests such as clotting time, bleeding time,
and glucose tolerance test.
- May check client picture identification and obtain photographs
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as
outlined in the position description.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to
the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- Knowledge of the principles of life span growth and development
and the ability to assess data regarding the patient's status and
provide care as described in the department's policies and
- Six months of phlebotomy experience or Phlebotomy Technician
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or
without an accommodation.
- This position involves intermediate working conditions in a
healthcare setting that may exert up to 50 pounds and may
consistently require lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or
otherwise moving patients or objects, such as medical equipment,
while providing patient care.
Carrying, Climbing, Color Determination, Crawling, Far Vision,
Lifting, Listening, Manual Dexterity, Near Vision, Pulling and/or
Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Stooping and
Crouching, Tasting or Smelling, Walking
Keywords: University of Utah Medical Group, Salt Lake City , Part-Time Phlebotomist - (6 months PAID experience or Certification Required), Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!