Company: Pep Boys of California
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: September 14, 2021
Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its
parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and
operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and
service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium
automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of
Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys® automotive
aftermarket retail and service chain, Auto Plus®
automotive aftermarket parts distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care®
owned and franchised automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total
Auto Care franchised service centers. The businesses of Icahn
Automotive total over 22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned
and franchise locations and 25 distribution centers throughout the
US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
A Technician is primarily responsible for the efficient
diagnosis, repair, and replacement of general automotive parts and
accessories. A successful Technician will have direct
interaction with customers and deliver superior service through
educating the customer on the problems and proposed solutions for
their vehicle. A Technician will conduct a wide variety of
diagnoses and repairs; including but not limited to brakes,
drivability, emissions, steering and suspension, electrical, state
safety and emissions testing, maintenance services, HVAC, starting
and charging, and major engine. This position has been
designated as a safety-sensitive position.
- A Technician is responsible for all aspects of diagnosing and
repairing a customer's vehicle, as well as, caring for the vehicle
while it is being repaired and properly securing it after the
repair is completed.
- We strictly adhere to a "do it right the first time" philosophy
and a successful Technician will not exceed two or more comebacks
within a four-week period of time.
- Will maintain a 90% minimum productivity performance
- Expected to comply with company policies and procedures, loss
prevention, safety, and environmental codes and ordinances.
Will ensure training completions are maintained at 100%.
- Will be a resource regarding technical matters related to
installation and proper application of parts and accessories, while
also providing accurate and effective direction, advice and
assistance to service advisors, other technicians, commercial,
retail and parts associates.
- Will passionately focus on customer needs, and drive the
service center's performance with the highest degree of integrity
and trust. Must be approachable by both customers and
- The successful Technician will be expected to maintain
technical capabilities to ensure proficient use of service
equipment and maintain certification status.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 6 months' experience as a certified technician or
mechanic and four ASE's (Brakes & Steering and Suspension, plus two
ASE's from the following: A1 Engine Repair, A6 Electrical, A7 HVAC,
A8 Engine Performance, L1 Advanced Engine Performance) are
- Additional ASE's are strongly encouraged. ASE equivalent
certifications may be considered as part of the qualification
process However, we require all Technicians to achieve the required
ASE certifications within two ASE testing cycles
- We promote a safe and skillful service operation, therefore, we
pre-pay ASE registration and testing fees for Technicians who
attempt to achieve their required ASE certifications
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret retail business
reports, professional and/or technical journals, time reports,
operational reports, government regulations, merchandising reports,
plan-o-gram (merchandising) instructions or technical
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Holidays and Weekends
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies
up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including
squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
- Talk and hear.
Keywords: Pep Boys of California, Salt Lake City , Technician A, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!