CNC Machine Operator/Machinist - Evening Shift
Company: MTI, Inc.
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
- Monday-Friday, 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM
- Family environment (company lunches & events, free coffee &
tea, and more!)
- Indoors, clean working environmentThe OpportunityMTI, Inc. is
seeking a CNC Machine Operator who is eager to learn and enjoys
working on a metal machine shop in a fast-paced and high-volume
environment. You will make an impact by fabricating the parts used
in our high-quality medical procedure chairs and other products.
The successful Machine Operator will be reliable in learning
machining procedures and can consistently, efficiently, and
accurately fabricate parts to complete orders with few errors and
minimal questions. Your opportunity will be to contribute in a
company that is growing and increase your ability to work
effectively. You will be thorough and hardworking, and able to
enjoy time with co-workers while maintaining a safe, organized, and
clean work environment.Expected Work Hours
- Monday - Friday, 2:00 PM -10:30 PM, a 30-minute unpaid
- Effectively operate a CNC mill and other machine shop machines
and tools for production machining-milling, turning, drilling,
tapping, de-burring, sawing and sanding tasks.
- Utilize standard measuring tools.
- Detect, replace or report defective materials, tools, or
- Perform inspection of machined products and adjusts machines or
- Complete and maintain paperwork for parts and enters them in
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly
condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
- Operate a Doosan 3 Axis CNC mill with FANUC control utilizing
- Operate multiple machines simultaneously depending on wait
times between parts-ranging from 50 seconds up to 18 minutes-with
the most common intervals being 2 to 3 minutes.
- Load parts into the machine, cycle machines and detect
malfunctions, and setup, pre-programming, and monitoring runs for
- Read instructions and drawings to determine specifications or
materials required to perform work correctly.
- Clean and maintain an orderly work area-including wiping,
blowing, and sweeping.
- Keep records and correct quantities using a computer and
- High school diploma or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years of basic CNC machine operation training (some
schooling may count).
- Graduation from a CNC Machining or Manufacturing Technology
program from a certified technical school.
- Related machining experience in a high-volume production
environment preferred.Physical Demands
- Very frequent use of arms, hands, fingers, back and core
muscles to lift, push, and pull objects weighing up to 50
pounds-generally shifting and lifting weight from one surface to
- Work in coordination with others or using cranes or other
devices to lift or shift items weighing up to 90 pounds.
- Stand for a full shift.
- Show endurance in doing repetitive motions.Company
Description:Working at MTIMTI (Medical Technology Industries, Inc.)
is a leading manufacturer of exam and procedure room
equipment-selling our products worldwide, meeting our customer
needs, focusing on our employees. MTI has a bright future as a
rapidly growing medical equipment manufacturer and remains true to
its family culture and values. Each person has a high impact on our
products, processes, customer experience, and our team. Taking
satisfaction and pride in our work, we promote a casual and
friendly atmosphere and constantly strive for something bigger than
ourselves. Visit mti.net/ to learn more.Benefits You'll Enjoy
- Comprehensive insurance coverage-medical, vision, dental,
accident and critical illness.
- Paid holidays.
- Annual bonuses based on company performance and leadership
- Company events, luncheons, and giveaways.
- Paid time off-increases every year!
- Flexible Spending (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA) for
medical and daycare expenses.
- 401k retirement plan-great employer match with immediate
- Educational assistance for any certified degree, program, or
classes.Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and
protected veteran status.
Keywords: MTI, Inc., Salt Lake City , CNC Machine Operator/Machinist - Evening Shift, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!