Underwriter - FTE & Remote
Company: The Judge Group Inc.
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Salary: Base Salary + Commission + Bonus + Benefits
Our client is looking to hire multiple Underwriters that will be
100% REMOTE to join their team. These will be direct-hire,
full-time positions with our client. These are excellent
opportunities to join an already established national company that
is continuing to grow at a rapid pace.
Employment Type: Full-Time/Direct-Hire with our client.
Compensation: Base Salary + Monthly production bonus + Sign on
Bonus + Retention Bonus + Benefits
Location: 100% REMOTE - NO TRAVEL REQUIRED
About our client: Our client is a national mortgage lender with
offerings in Direct to Consumer, Retail, Wholesale, Correspondent
Lending, etc. Loan products include both Conventional and
Non-Conventional/Government loans. Our client serves 49 states in
the US, has 2,600+ employees and has serviced over 600,000+
- Minimum of 2-4+ years of recent experience in Residential
- Full Line Full Production Underwriting experience.
- Experience in any of the following channels; Retail, Wholesale,
Direct-to-Consumer and Correspondent.
- Experience with loan types including; Conventional, FHA and
- Daily pipeline of 15-20+
- High School Diploma or above is required.
- Underwriting Certifications are NICE TO HAVE but not required.
Ex. DE, LAPP/SAR. Key selling points:
- 100% remote with no travel required.
- Client provides a company laptop and phone.
- Competitive base pay plus an aggressive commission structure
that is one of the best in the industry.
- Growth opportunities. The client is huge on promoting from
within. Nearly all management has held the title of loan processor
and worked their way up in the company.
- Stability. This is an established client that has been growing
tremendously even before the current refinance boom. No mass
layoffs here when rates go up.
- Consistent high-volume loan pipeline.
- Full benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k match,
PTO, Holidays, etc. Job Duties:
- Perform Underwriting of Conventional and/or FHA/VA mortgage
- Approves or rejects residential loans within prescribed
- Analyzes borrower's credit profile, collateral and capacity to
repay the proposed mortgage obligation.
- Ensures loans meet company, agency and government
- Accurately calculates borrower's income and debt-to-income
- Documents lending decisions and completes required screens in
the loan origination system that include accurate completion of the
1008 as well as adding and/or creating applicable conditions on the
- Run, reads and interprets automated underwriting decision
results from both Desktop Underwriter and Loan Prospector.
- Reviews conditions submitted on loans and sign off on
conditions where appropriate. Company Benefits/Perks:
- 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Employee Engagement Activities
- Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings
- Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with company match!
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Pet Insurance! Simple 100% virtual hiring process.
- Talk to Judge recruiter
- Client interview with hiring manager (30 min phone screen)
- Receive offer & complete on-boarding
- Attend virtual training (100% paid)
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find
us on the web at
Keywords: The Judge Group Inc., Salt Lake City , Underwriter - FTE & Remote, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!