Security Guard (Full-Time, Salt Lake)
Company: Utah Transit Authority
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Utah Transit AuthorityJob SummaryYou would be joining a team of
fellow facility security guards that patrol various sites
throughout UTA. Shifts vary throughout the day at many facilities
and looks for any potentially unsafe activities or hazards that
could lead to loss or harm to employees and/or physical facilities.
Duties will also include assisting other departments within UTA
with security matters. Minimum QualificationsEDUCATION/TRAINING:
High school diploma or equivalent education.EXPERIENCE:
- Must have good interpersonal, organizational, verbal and
written communication skills and be able to perform multiple tasks
- Must demonstrate the ability to make quick concise decisions
frequently under stressful conditions.
- Number one responsibility is that of a facility security
- Must be mobile to respond to emergencies if needed.
- Must be comfortable working with multiple duties, one major
duty will be to answer incoming calls to UTA and transferring them
to the appropriate office.
- Basic familiarity with PC computers preferred, to include
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be capable of preparing daily activity reports using word
processor and emailing these reports to UTA management.
- Must have a valid Utah driver's license and be a safe driver
with no more than four (4) moving violations in the past three (3)
- Cannot have more than one (1) violation of driving under the
influence of alcohol, any drug, or the combined influence of any
alcohol or any drug within the last ten (10) years.
- Must be able to walk long distances, sit or stand for long
periods of time. Must be able to kneel and bend to look into tight
- May be required to obtain and maintain certification for BCI
access. CPR certification or first-aid training is preferred.
- Must have flexibility to work other shifts and other UTA
locations as needed. This position requires regular and predictable
attendance.- OR -An equivalent combination of relevant education
and experience.[UTA reserves the right to determine the
equivalencies of education and experience.]Shift: Monday - Friday,
9:00 PM - 5:00 AMPay Rate:$15.392 per hour.Close Date: Open Until
Keywords: Utah Transit Authority, Salt Lake City , Security Guard (Full-Time, Salt Lake), Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!