Deli Counter Team Member - Full Time - In Park City, UT
Company: Whole Foods
Location: Park City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
a one-time bonus payout of $2/hr for all hours worked between
10/4/21 and 1/2/22Located in Park City, UT** After you complete
your application, you will receive a link to an assessment.
Successfully complete the assessment within 7 days and start
Provides support as a member of the Prepared Foods team to include
preparation, counter service, sanitation, and stocking of products.
All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive
company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient
service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions
must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard
Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and
able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job
descriptions. Team Leaders are required to spend significant time
on the floor, engaging with customers, and pitching in to help
whenever and wherever needed. All positions must strive to support
WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store
programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable
health and safety regulations.Responsibilities
- Cuts, prepares, and serves a variety of hot and cold foods,
including meats, cheeses, sandwiches, burritos, wraps, salad, and
- Samples products to customers.
- Stocks hot and cold cases and displays with prepared foods from
kitchen, walk-in preparation, and refrigerators.
- Checks in-stock product dates to ensure freshness and rotates
- Bails and consolidates recyclables.
- Assists Team Leader in organizing and displaying volume and
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets
- Assists with periodic inventory checks.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required
trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of
customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive
selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper
procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established
procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation,
and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary
working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance
with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures
accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.Knowledge,
Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to
work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced
environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.Desired
- No prior retail experience required.Physical Requirements /
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box
cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- May require use of ladders.Note: The purpose of this document
is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for
the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document
does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position.
Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any
job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher
level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level.
Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for
similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or
geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An
individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current
position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in
order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for
the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the
most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain
milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification,
time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the
higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.At Whole Foods
Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all
Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other
legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and
promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the
position to be filled and business needs. Associated topics:
cookware, dish, dishwasher steward, housekeeping, kitchen utility,
lavaplatos, steward, stewarding, stock, wash
Keywords: Whole Foods, Salt Lake City , Deli Counter Team Member - Full Time - In Park City, UT, Other , Park City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!