Survey Party Chief
Company: Galloway & Company, Inc.
Location: Pleasant Grove
Posted on: January 16, 2022
A career at Galloway provides a unique opportunity to work in a
highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment. Our
Full-Spectrum Approach--- to land development services offers all
key design disciplines within one company, providing our team with
a deeper understanding and appreciation for all aspects of the
development process. From survey to land planning, civil
engineering, and comprehensive architectural design, our team
brings a multidisciplinary mindset to every project. We enjoy daily
interaction and coordination among our internal teams, which allows
us to build relationships and understand project approaches across
"Positivity," "community" and "collaboration" are a few of the most
commonly used words to describe Galloway in our employee surveys,
and we think those words truly describe the attributes of our team.
We continually strive to provide an exceptional environment that
fosters our purpose of "enriching people's passions." We are
honored to be repeatedly recognized by our employees through
numerous awards that include: Top Workplace USA 2021; Denver Post
Top Workplace 2018, 2019, 2020; and Denver Business Journal Best
Place to Work 2019, 2020.
We offer flexible work hours, a friendly and family-focused work
environment, exciting projects, excellent compensation including
cash bonuses, education assistance, and a complete package of
benefits. We also believe in giving back to our community through
numerous outreach events and volunteer activities.
Learn more about Galloway: http://GallowayUS.com/about-us/
About The Position
We are currently seeking a Survey Party Chief to add to our team in
Pleasant Grove, UT. This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled
and passionate self-starter to work directly with local and
national land development projects. The candidate will work in a
highly collaborative interdisciplinary office environment.
The Survey Party Chief is responsible for conducting field survey
activities that may include: construction layout, CDOT highway,
topography in rugged terrain, control network, and as-built
surveying on a wide variety of projects. Experience with laser
scanning, survey-grade GNSS/GPS, and robotic total station is
desired. Fieldwork may be performed throughout Colorado but will
primarily be focused in and around the Northern Colorado area.
Travel expenses are paid. This position will also require close
coordination with Galloway survey staff nationwide.
- Upholds Galloway's values and standards by understanding and
responding to client needs while providing quality consulting
- Have a basic understanding and application of the following
technical skills: Boundary surveys, Topographic Surveys, Land
Survey Plats, Subdivision Plats, Construction Surveying, ALTA
surveys, leveling, traversing, GPS, total stations, data
collectors, computers, email, legal descriptions, plan
interpretation, deeds, and easements.
- Lead a survey field team performing boundary surveys, ALTA/NSPS
surveys, topographic surveys and construction staking.
- Responsible for adjusting and operating surveying instruments
and recording survey measurements and descriptive data.
- Collect information needed to carry out new surveys using
source maps, previous survey data, photographs, computer records,
and other relevant information.
- Firm understanding of the site construction process.
- Compile survey computations with applicable standards to
determine the adequacy of data.
- Compile information necessary to stake projects for
construction, using engineering plans.
- Proficient in required safety procedures and practices.
- Assumes a limited degree of judgment on performing routine
aspects of survey assignments.
- Takes an active role in new business development by performing
quality survey work to build strong relationships with existing
- Willingness to travel for short periods.
- A minimum of a high school education or GED required
- Four-plus years of survey experience required.
- Possesses a basic understanding of the principles and practices
- Possesses a basic understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D and other
- Experience with Trimble Hardware and Software (GPS/GNSS, TSC3,
Total Stations, Access, and TBC) is a plus.
- Experience with laser scanning instruments is a plus.
- Possesses a high degree of understanding of the principles and
practices of surveying.
- Experience with construction staking, CDOT projects, boundary
surveys, and topographic surveys.
- Ability to read plans and understand boundary and
- Understands project schedules and budgets; is able to work
efficiently within project guidelines.
- Communicates in a timely and effective manner within the team
and with other disciplines working on the project.
- Conducts oneself consistently in a positive and professional
- Ability to maintain a high-performance level in a fast-paced,
- Firm understanding of the site construction processes and
- Has a clear understanding of the use of alignments and
- Experience with civil and transportation construction
- Maintain a current driver's license in good standing.
- Has the ability to work both independently and in a leadership
capacity as part of a field team.
- Ability to take a pre-employment and on-going drug screen.
The estimated starting salary pay range for this role is
Health & Wellness
- Health Insurance - We offer comprehensive health-care benefits
for individuals and families through Cigna Health Insurance, with
the choice of two plan options.
- Dental Insurance - We cover 100% of the monthly dental
insurance premium for a staff member and 50% of the premium for
- Vision Insurance - We cover 100% of the monthly vision
insurance premium for a staff member (family members can be added
on for dollars a month).
- Hearing Aids are covered at deductible/co-insurance for
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement - Galloway-supported
assistance in offsetting costs of high-deductible healthcare plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability - We cover 100% of the long-term
and short-term disability premium.
- Life Insurance - We cover 100% of the premium for a life
insurance policy that is equal to the annual salary.
- Employee Assistance Program - Confidential guidance and
resources for employees and immediate family members. Galloway
covers 100% at no charge for the employee.
- ThrivePass Wellness Savings Account - Company-provided funds
can be used for a wide variety of personal health and
- Flex Spending Account
- Pay For Performance Bonuses
- 401(K) Plan - Additionally, we contribute a profit-sharing
bonus to each individual's plan, based on total compensation.
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Work Schedule - Includes opportunity to flex extra
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year
- 4 Paid Volunteer Hours Every Year
- Identity Theft Protection - We cover 100% of the monthly
premium for the employee and family plans can be added for dollars
Growth & Mentorship
- Structured Mentorship Program
- Annual Growth/Performance Reviews
- Diversity Groups - Check out the "About" section on our website
to learn more about our diversity initiatives!
Applicants for employment in the United States must have work
authorization that does not require sponsorship of a visa for
employment authorization in the United States, neither at this
time, nor in the future.
Galloway & Company, Inc. will not accept third-party recruiter,
headhunter, or executive sourcing candidate submissions for this
Salary Range Disclaimer:
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the salary
range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above
or below the range based on factors including, but not limited to,
location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one
component of our total compensation package for employees. Other
rewards may include bi-yearly bonuses, long-term incentives, a
generous PTO policy, and potential regional/office specific
Keywords: Galloway & Company, Inc., Salt Lake City , Survey Party Chief, Other , Pleasant Grove, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!