Paratransit Bus Operator (Full-Time, SLC)
Company: Utah Transit Authority
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Utah Transit AuthorityJob Summary*NO CDL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO
APPLY*Your time is now.Each of us has a time in our live where we
need to rise to the occasion. This is your time. There is a
community of people who need, depend, rely on our services on you.
Our Operators give people with disabilities access to a better
life, relationships, and access to the things you enjoy everyday.
You can be one of these Operators, you can be a life line, you will
improve lives. Our Operators, you, will individually help people to
achieve what once was unreachable for them. We will give you all
the tools and resources to be the best Operator you can be, you
will receive 360 support and have access to educational and
development opportunities for you the sky is the limit at UTA and
because of you the sky is the limit for our passengersResponsible
for safe operation of a passenger bus on a specialized route in
accordance with UTA operating procedures, assuming responsibility
for the safety of customers and equipment. Performs standard
pre-trip/post-trip vehicle inspections. Communicates appropriate
information to dispatch, customers, supervisors, and others
designated to receive such information. Answers questions from
customers and others. Collects appropriate fare from passengers.
Follows UTA guidelines, operating rules and procedures. * All UTA
Operators can enjoy a $1,000 Hiring Incentive. Ask for
- Successful completion of UTAs Bus Operator
Training/Certification Program, including passing all required
- One year in a customer service role with ability to solve
problems and resolve customer inquiries.
- At least 21 years of age.
- A safe driver with a valid drivers license and no more than 2
moving violations in the past 3 years.
- No convictions for driving under the influence of alcohol or
any drugs within the past 10 years.
- Familiar with the Wasatch Front.
- Able to:
- Obtain and maintain a Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Pass the written Class C CDL test and Passenger Endorsement
test prior to the start of the paid-training program.
- Communicate with supervisors and customers and maintain good
interpersonal relations, both orally and over the radio
- Read and understand training materials, operating manuals and
operating and safety rules directives
- Prepare legible written reports of incidents and accidents
- Operate any and all passenger buses safely
- Report for assigned shift on time
- Meet schedule demands, scheduled shifts, and scheduled
- Perform the physical requirements of the job to include regular
walking, floor to waist lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally/carrying
up to 15 lbs occasionally, reaching, pushing, pulling, kneeling,
crouching, balancing, bending, and prolonged periods of sitting and
- Must be able to pass Division of Services for People with
Disabilities (DSPD) background screening. This screening includes
but may not be limited to: fingerprint-based checks of national
crime information databases, and/or state child abuse and elder
abuse registries for offenses that may impact the ability of the
applicant to have unsupervised contact with vulnerable
populations.This job requires regular and predictable attendance.OR
An equivalent combination of relevant education and work
experience.(UTA reserves the right to determine the equivalencies
of education and experience.)Pay Rate: $17.00/hr training for up to
7 weeks. $20.94/hr after training with guaranteed pay increases
every six months for the next five years up to $25.19/hr.Close
Date: May 16, 2022 by 5:59 pmPM21PI176882575
Keywords: Utah Transit Authority, Salt Lake City , Paratransit Bus Operator (Full-Time, SLC), Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!