Company: FinWise Bank
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: About FinWise:Named the #1 performing
community bank in the country in the $300 million to $1 billion
category*, FinWise is the financial tech bank with a community
heart. We offer big-bank security with community bank service. Our
goal is to make financing, banking, and investing simple for
friends and neighbors. With on-the-go services like mobile banking
and onsite advisors who can help you with your financial goals, we
have everything you expect from a big bank, with none of the
hassles. FinWise provides its customers with personalized financial
wisdom. Join us and be part of something great!*
the Job:FinWise Bank is looking for a Data Scientist who will
support our internal business units, including product, sales,
leadership, and marketing, with insights gained from analyzing
company data. The ideal candidate is at home with large data sets
to find predictive and prescriptive courses of action
opportunities. They must have strong and demonstrated experience
with various data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of
data tools, building, and implementing models, using/creating
algorithms, and creating/running simulations. They must have a
proven ability to drive business results with their data-based
insights. They must be comfortable working with various
stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will be
passionate about discovering solutions hidden in large data sets
and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes. This
position reports to the Director of Data Services. Tasks:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify
opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive
optimization and improvement of product development, marketing
techniques, and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and
data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer
experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting, and other business
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models
and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model
performance and data accuracy.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python,
SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of various machine learning techniques (clustering,
decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts
(regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, proper
usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for
coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
Required Education /Experience / License
- 5+ years of experience manipulating data sets and building
- Master's, Doctorate or Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics,
Computer Science, or another quantitative field
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: C, C++,
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining
techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text
mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer
languages: R, Python, T-SLQ, etc.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark,
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning
algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario
analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks,
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google
Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon,
Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce,
Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using:
Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.Preferred Education
/Experience / License
- Technical education in computer science, computer programming,
or related field
- 2+ years working in IT in a banking environment or similar
- Professional AI/ML/BI certifications preferred
- Experience automating data science models and data
- Strong understanding of Software Development
- Experience in building models from scratch Minimum Essential
- Sit or stand at a computer for long periods of time and look at
a computer screen for several hours a day.
- Work at an assigned FinWise office location.
- Communicate with others in person, on the phone, virtual
meeting, and email.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Lift 20 lbs.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Travel overnight as required.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Driving during the workday.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures. Background
check are required on all bank employees due to accessibility of
Personally Identifiable Private Information.AAP/EEO Statement
FinWise is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity
and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy
status, veteran status, or disability status. FinWise provides
reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of individuals
in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. For
accommodation information or if you need special accommodations to
complete the application process, please contact the Human
Resources Department at (801) 545 - 6041. Qualified applicants with
criminal history and conviction records will be considered in
accordance with legal requirements.
Keywords: FinWise Bank, Salt Lake City , Data Scientist, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!