Company: ABF Freight
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Now is your chance to join one of the country's largest and most
trusted LTL carriers: ABF Freight is looking for new team members
across the country!
ABF Freight, an ArcBest company, is an exceptional company where
driven people have rewarding careers. Our pace of expansion means
we're looking for people with The Skill & The Will to serve
customers who depend on us for customized transportation and
logistics solutions. It's more than a job; it's a career.
Supervisor Assistants work to assist and support operations
management in the oversight and directing of dock, street, and yard
employees. This position supports service center personnel in
solving problems and delivering innovative solutions to customers
as well as works with management to meet all service center
operations and sales goals.
General Description of Duties:
* Perform collections, billing, appointment scheduling, OS&D,
and various other administrative functions.
* Assist leadership to motivate, counsel, and coach employees.
* Apply contractual rules to union employees and maintain employee
relations with input and support of Service Center Manager.
* Communicate with supervisory personnel on service center
* Aid in monitoring operations, improving profitability and growing
* Work with the Regional Maintenance Manager to facilitate
equipment maintenance and repairs.
* Ensure security, maintenance, and upkeep of service center.
* Enforce process compliance according to company policy and
continually apply the quality process.
* Maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
* Work in a team setting to accomplish departmental goals.
* Stand in for an absent supervisor, as needed.
* Other duties and projects, as assigned.
* Work hours for this position will be scheduled to support the
24/7 operation and may vary by location with irregular hours
depending on workload.
* Education: Bachelor?s degree, preferred. Experience will be
considered in lieu of formal education.
* Experience:Prior experience in transportation and/or supervisory
* Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to
learn new systems quickly.
* Competitive Wages
* Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits
* Opportunity to participate in a company sponsored 401K
* Vacation eligibility during the first year!
Questions about this position? Email us at email@example.com!If you
require accommodation in the application process, please contact
 firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (479) 785-8717. An Equal
Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
Keywords: ABF Freight, Salt Lake City , Supervisory Assistant, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!