Company: AC Hotel by Marriott Salt Lake City
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPOSITION TITLE: Front Desk Agent ($1000 Hiring
Bonus) DEPARTMENT: Front Office REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager/
AGM/GM JOB SUMMARY: Represents the hotel to the guest throughout
all stages of the guest's stay. Verifies the guest's method of
payment and follows established credit-checking procedures. Answers
questions about hotel and local area and attractions. Adheres to
all brand standards as it relates to front office processes and
procedures. Accurately posts charges to guest rooms. Communicates
with all departments in the hotel to ensure an exceptional
experience for the guest. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special
requests whenever possible.
- Assists in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check-
cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room
- Must be sales minded. Presents options and alternatives to
guests and offers assistance in making choices. Uses suggestive
selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping
room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for
maintenance and repair work.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs cashiering tasks like bill/invoice settlement, posting
charges to the guest, paid out's.
- Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to guests.
- Obtain proper identification for tax-exempt guests and attach
the form to registration card.
- Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is
aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, is aware of accident
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk
- Other duties as necessary and assigned by management.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time as customary
in a hotel front office environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in
- High School diploma or GED desired.
- Previous experience in a hotel environment or customer service
Keywords: AC Hotel by Marriott Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City , FRONT DESK, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!