Railroad Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Company: Utah Transit Authority
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Utah Transit Authority JOB SUMMARY Provides expertise, support,
and oversight of regulatory plans and programs from the Federal
Railroad Administration (FRA), Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
including State Safety Oversight (SSO), and other regulatory
entities. Writes and advises on regulatory plans to ensure
adherence to federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
Coordinates and collaborates with rail training, management, legal,
and other departments to update and create new programs in
compliance with regulations. Interfaces with regulatory staff to
host audits and inspections; responds to all regulatory requests
for the service unit. Identifies process improvement opportunities
for quality and accuracy. Conducts audits and inspections to verify
performance is compliant with programs and plans. MINIMUM
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in a relevant field required.
- Five years progressive experience dealing with federal, state,
and local regulations.
- Preferred experience in railroad operations, vehicle
maintenance, or maintenance of way;
- Knowledge of 49 CFR 200-299 and public transportation.
- Basic proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and database
- Working knowledge and understanding of General Code of
Operating Rules (GCOR).
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable with preparing and making formal presentations. -
OR - An equivalent combination of relevant education and
experience. [UTA reserves the right to determine the equivalencies
of education and experience.] This job requires regular and
predictable attendance. UTAs benefits package for full-time
administrative employees includes:
- Health, dental, vision, life/AD&D, short-term and long-term
disability insurance (eligible after 30 days of employment), with
Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts.
- Health and Wellness Clinics for on-site medical care at no cost
to employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- 22 days of accrued paid time off (13 vacation days and 9 sick
days), which increases with tenure at UTA.
- 10 paid holidays and two paid (2) floating holidays per
- Retirement options - Pension Plan with 5-year vesting schedule
and 457 Contribution Plan, available for immediate contributions
and company matching.
- Generous tuition reimbursement for higher education, available
for both bachelors and masters degree.
- Training, development, and career advancement
- Paid parental leave for birth, adoption, and child placement
(after 12 months of employment).
- Free transit passes for employee, spouse, and dependent
- Employee assistance program includes counseling, legal
services, financial planning, etc.
- UTA Well a comprehensive wellness program designed to support
employees and dependents in their health and wellness goals.
- Free on-site fitness facilities and discounted membership to
VASA Fitness. For more information on UTAs Total Rewards benefits
package, please visit: Pay Rate: $70,339.36 annually or more
dependent on experience Close Date: June 27th, 2022 by 05:59pm
Keywords: Utah Transit Authority, Salt Lake City , Railroad Regulatory Compliance Specialist, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!