Deal Desk Specialist (Utah or Colorado)
Company: Cockroach Labs
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: June 25, 2022
This is a highly visible position that requires extensive
interaction with senior executives and staff members across sales,
marketing, product management, finance, support, legal, and
professional services. Success in this role will require
establishing a close relationship with key members of these groups,
building on collaboration and business thinking skills to assess
requests and find solutions that meet stakeholder needs. A
successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to
proactively and effectively work together with all organizational
levels within a fast-moving high-technology company, particularly
interfacing between Sales teams and internal cross-functional
stakeholders. This role will be located remotely in the US.
- Provide business, pricing, product knowledge, and analytical
support to sales for large, complex, non-standard transactions.
- Engage with designated sales teams to provide pricing & deal
- Function in sales advisory capacity to coach sales on objection
handling techniques, contractual options, and standard business
- Function as a sales advocate to liaise with Legal and Finance
business partners to address/resolve sales impediments.
- Facilitate the sales approval and/or "standardized" contract
document generation processes. Ensure compliance with published
sales & business approval policies.
- Streamline and automate the process for non-standard deal
approvals, e.g. thresholds and rules, approver roles and
responsibilities, approval routing and workflow design, automated
exception alerting and communications, and the creation of a
hierarchy of special terms, tips/techniques and recommended
- Perform all QTC processes throughout each phase of its
lifecycle, including but not limited to order generation and
review, opportunity processing, and enablement of all downstream
workflows. Ensure data quality is maintained throughout our systems
per corporate guidelines for accurate forecasting and
- Foster and maintain strong working relationships with critical
business partners (e.g. Revenue Recognition, Legal, Finance, etc.)
expedite the review & approval process.
- Identify potential training issues and coordinate with internal
teams to develop & deliver sales enablement tools (e.g. Product &
Pricing FAQ's, Sales Approval templates, etc.).
- Proven leadership skills to continually streamline and improve
practices, including tools, templates and processes, to support and
efficient and effective deal desk
- Participate in the integration planning & execution process for
new lines of business (e.g., Cloud, Channel). Develop operational
readiness plans and assess quoting readiness. Oversee tool
enhancement activities, drive testing plans and deliver functional
tools to the deal desk teams.
- Work with deal support teams (e.g. Legal, Revenue Recognition,
Finance, etc.) to address complex pricing/commercial terms and
provide options to enable sales to address and overcome customer
objections while maximizing revenue/bookings.
- Undertake other sales operations responsibilities and projects
In your first 30 days, you will complete our general and sales
onboarding programs and learn about our message and product. We
believe it is essential for you to take this first month to become
familiar with our technology and our company. During this time, you
will also take a deep dive into our current Revenue processes,
policies, and systems.
In your first 60 days, you will become more familiar with our
systems (in particular our Salesforce implementation), processing
procedures, and the Deal Desk workflow. You will gain exposure to
the types of requests we receive and how they are triaged/actioned,
diving into specific examples. You will start processing
opportunities and field certain types of requests and be included
in others to understand the range of requests received and their
path to resolution.
In the first 90 days, you will be fielding all types of Deal Desk
requests and processing all opportunities, and will start
contributing to projects and ongoing initiatives in service of the
- 3-5 years previous consulting, financial analysis, sales, sales
operations, and/or pricing background preferred.
- A proactive, energetic, and customer-centric attitude and
ability to forge collegial relationships at all levels of the
organization while providing responsive, first-class support to a
high growth sales organization.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage
multiple deadlines simultaneously with superb attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Enthusiastic about identifying and making recommendations for
enhancements to our process and systems to increase efficiency, and
subsequently supporting the design and implementation of said
enhancements as required.
- Comfortable embracing aggressive goals and the need for
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to manage shifting and competing
- BA or BS degree
- Proficiency with Salesforce CRM; experience with Salesforce CPQ
Keywords: Cockroach Labs, Salt Lake City , Deal Desk Specialist (Utah or Colorado), Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!