Paratransit Bus Operator (Full-Time,SLC)
Company: Utah Transit Authority
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Utah Transit AuthorityJob Summary*NO CDL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO
APPLY*Do you have a big heart? Do you enjoy working with people
with disabilities? Our Operators provide an invaluable service for
people with disabilities who are functionally unable to
independently use the UTA fixed route bus service for their entire
trip. Paratransit Bus Operators have abundant leadership and growth
opportunities, and enjoy incredible benefits (listed below). If you
want a rewarding career where you can leave work every day knowing
you made a difference for the environment, community, and in the
lives of others then apply today to join our team!Responsible for
safe operation of a passenger bus on a specialized route in
accordance with UTA operating procedures, assuming responsibility
for the safety of customers and equipment. Performs standard
pre-trip/post-trip vehicle inspections. Communicates appropriate
information to dispatch, customers, supervisors, and others
designated to receive such information. Answers questions from
customers and others. Collects appropriate fare from passengers.
Follows UTA guidelines, operating rules and procedures. * All UTA
Operators can enjoy a $1,000 Hiring Incentive. Ask for
- Successful completion of UTA's Bus Operator
Training/Certification Program, including passing all required
- One year in a customer service role with ability to solve
problems and resolve customer inquiries.
- At least 21 years of age.
- A safe driver with a valid driver's license and no more than 2
moving violations in the past 3 years.
- No convictions for driving under the influence of alcohol or
any drugs within the past 10 years.
- Familiar with the Wasatch Front.
- Able to:
- Obtain and maintain a Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Pass the written Class "C" CDL test and Passenger Endorsement
test prior to the start of the paid-training program.
- Communicate with supervisors and customers and maintain good
interpersonal relations, both orally and over the radio
- Read and understand training materials, operating manuals and
operating and safety rules directives
- Prepare legible written reports of incidents and accidents
- Operate any and all passenger buses safely
- Report for assigned shift on time
- Meet schedule demands, scheduled shifts, and scheduled
- Perform the physical requirements of the job to include regular
walking, floor to waist lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally/carrying
up to 15 lbs occasionally, reaching, pushing, pulling, kneeling,
crouching, balancing, bending, and prolonged periods of sitting and
- Must be able to pass Division of Services for People with
Disabilities (DSPD) background screening. This screening includes
but may not be limited to: fingerprint-based checks of national
crime information databases, and/or state child abuse and elder
abuse registries for offenses that may impact the ability of the
applicant to have unsupervised contact with vulnerable
populations.This job requires regular and predictable
attendance.-OR- An equivalent combination of relevant education and
work experience.(UTA reserves the right to determine the
equivalencies of education and experience.) Pay Rate: $17.00/hr
training for up to 7 weeks. $20.94/hr after training with
guaranteed pay increases every six months for the next five years
up to $25.19/hr.Close Date: July 4th, 2022 by 5:59
Keywords: Utah Transit Authority, Salt Lake City , Paratransit Bus Operator (Full-Time,SLC), Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!