Structured Cabling Superintendent
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Summary: The Superintendent is the overall manager on a
medium to large sized project. The Superintendent ensures that all
contracted work is developed, implemented, installed and managed in
accordance with the Company's requirements, including but not
limited to: safety, quality, management and financial performance
requirements. All aspects of the assigned project must be carried
out as efficiently as possible with respect to staffing, materials
management, financial management customer care and customer
delivery goals. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Superintendent will recruit, hire, train, manage,
supervise, promote, discipline and discharge, if necessary, all
project related staff. Effectively manage all human resource issues
per Company policies and procedures. Complete recommendations for
project related employees' performance ratings, promotions and pay
changes. Provide guidance and mentoring to meet all customer and
Company goals and objectives.
- The Superintendent a cts as the senior Company liaison for
operational interface with customer representative(s).
- The Superintendent will p lan for, manage, monitor and maintain
project profitability to achieve Company goals.
- The Superintendent will e nsure that deadlines are met per
- The Superintendent will manage overall workload distribution,
staffing levels and monitor the customer delivery and job
- The Superintendent m anages successful job completion; ensure
productivity, job completion and compliance to project budget.
- The Superintendent will r eview all job cost postings for
accuracy and completeness, including but not limited to, the
preparation of invoices, customer collections and periodic
financial reporting to the customer and management.
- The Superintendent will f ully complete all IES and project
paperwork accurately and on time (specifically timesheets, material
transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as
required); ensure all Job Closing Packages meet customer and
- The Superintendent will perform quality checks; manage the
prevention of outages; conduct day to day job walks to ensure
quality; prepare red-lined as-built drawings.
- The Superintendent serves as main on-site customer contact for
questions and/or concerns; attend facility and constructions
meetings when required.
- The Superintendent will p erform work consistently
demonstrating a detailed level of technical knowledge; troubleshoot
and resolve technical issues as they arise.
- The Superintendent will review and monitor operational
processes for accuracy, completeness, and efficiency, including but
not limited to estimating, purchasing, invoicing, warehousing,
scheduling and reporting.
- The Superintendent will d evelop, redesign and implement
process improvements as required to bring processes up to effective
- The Superintendent will be i n concert with the Training
Department, monitor all quality and safety issues related to the
operations department. Actively promote safety as our first
- The Superintendent will l ead any assigned operations meetings
and training sessions.
- The Superintendent will also m anage tools and truck
- The Superintendent will complete any o ther responsibilities as
assigned. Physical and Mental Requirements:
- The Superintendent must be self-motivated, positive in
approach, and convey an appropriate professional image.
- The Superintendent must promote the Company culture and mission
to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- The Superintendent must possess proven problem solving skills,
critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write
and give oral presentation(s).
- The Superintendent must also have excellent organizational
skills and the ability to develop branch and job processes and best
- The Superintendent must have proven high skill level to
interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not
limited to, specifications, reporting and quality
- The Superintendent must be able to travel within the branch
territory and/or regional territory as needed.
- The Superintendent must possess the ability to learn and teach
the Company and customer project management systems.
- The Superintendent must be able to work at heights, off of a
ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to
- The Superintendent must be able to see and distinguish
different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible
signals such as dial tones. Education, Certification, License, and
- Prefer a minimum of three (3) years' experience of supervisory
or managerial experience.
- The Superintendent m ust have a minimum of three (3) years'
experience as a Lead Communications Technician or similar
- The Superintendent must also have a minimum of five (5) years'
experience in telecommunications or a related technical or
- Must be proficient with a computer and be skilled with
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS Project).
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
- The Superintendent Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to
define a project, create a project scope of work, create an
estimate, develop detailed associated tasks and manage these to
final completion and customer turnover.
- Must be able to use the following trade Tools: punch tool with
110 block and 66 block blade, 6/8 position combo crimp tool,
Krone/3M/BIX, butt set, volt-ohmmeter, 4-pair continuity tester and
5-gang punch tool. 6+
IES is a national provider of industrial products and
infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including
electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for
the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy
markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As
of the end of IES's 2020 -fiscal year ending September 30, 2020,
-IES produced over -$1.19 billion -in revenue and employed over
5000 -employees at over 79 -domestic locations across the United
States. IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Minorities, Females. Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to
Apply. - From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes
to housing developments, our employees and design professionals
design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives. -
- Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
- Safety is Priority One - and our record shows it
- Competitive Pay
- Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
- Company Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short
Term Disability Plans
- Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
- Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident,
Legal and Pet Coverage
- Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs PLEASE NO AGENCY
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency
represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee
without first having a signed contract between that agency and the
IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES
and no fees will be paid. - EEO & Affirmative Action The IES policy
on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity,
sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected
veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This
policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions,
terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and
conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against
any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of
this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking
affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women,
individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops
affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal
employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the
company's obligations as a contractor to the United States
government. - - View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under
the law. - - - View IES' policy on Pay Transparency - - Disability
Accommodation IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals
protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the
Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title
I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who
need accommodation in the job application process should contact
the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to
request assistance. - IES Participates in E-Verify - E-Verify
Information - - Right to Work
Keywords: IES, Salt Lake City , Structured Cabling Superintendent, Other , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!